- Lawmaker accused of harassment is all alone with his M&Ms Updated: Apr-29-16 9:32 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Amid the frenzied negotiations, flaring tempers and occasional frivolity marking the end of another Tennessee legislative session, one lawmaker stayed conspicuously alone and quiet.
- Tennessee lawmakers adjourn 109th General Assembly Updated: Apr-22-16 6:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee lawmakers adjourned the 109th General Assembly on Friday without scheduling a veto override session.
- House passes resolution directing state to sue over refugees Updated: Apr-18-16 9:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A resolution that would order Tennessee to sue the federal government over its refugee resettlement program passed Monday in the state House. Senate counterparts previously approved the resolution and would only have to agree to a change that would allow a private law firm to sue on behalf of the state before the measure becomes law.
- Business leaders sign letter opposing Tennessee bathroom law Updated: Apr-13-16 8:07 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The chief executives of Williams-Sonoma, Hilton Worldwide, T-Mobile and dozens of other major corporations have signed a letter asking Tennessee lawmakers to reject a transgender bathroom bill, saying it is discriminatory.
- The Latest: Appalachian State students end sit-in protest Updated: Apr-13-16 6:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on legislation that critics say discriminates against transgender people by limiting their bathroom choices. Supporters say it protects privacy and safety. (all times local):