- Ala. governor signs education budget without raise Updated: Apr-11-14 12:46 pm
- Alabama Retail Association makes endorsements Updated: Apr-11-14 5:34 am
- Alabama governor asks nonprofit for prison help Updated: Apr-08-14 4:46 pm
- SC Gov Haley to make fall trade trip to India Updated: Apr-07-14 8:04 pm
- Bentley has until April 13 to sign budget Updated: Apr-04-14 7:45 pm
- Alabama Legislature approves budget, ends session Updated: Apr-03-14 11:11 pm
- Senators approve 2, block 2 ASU trustees Updated: Apr-02-14 4:43 pm
- AP Interview: Griffith rebuilding Democratic base Updated: Mar-29-14 12:58 pm
- Officials remember Vietnam POW, ex-Sen. Denton Updated: Mar-28-14 5:46 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley signed the education budget for the next fiscal year on Friday even though it did not include the 2 percent raise that he sought for teachers and school employees.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley and other state officials are asking the Council of State Governments Justice Center for help in improving the state's troubled prison system.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is making a trade trip to India in November, returning for the first time since she was a toddler to the country where her parents were born.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley hasn't decided if he will sign the state's Education Trust Fund budget without the teacher raise he sought, or if he will veto it and force lawmakers into a special session.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The 2014 legislative session ended Thursday with approval of the education budget and a political rift between Republican Gov. Robert Bentley and GOP lawmakers.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State senators approved two of Gov. Robert Bentley's selections for the board of Alabama State University on Wednesday and rejected two others, prompting him to resume his search for trustees at the Montgomery university that has been a focus of his administration for more than a year.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Democratic candidate for governor Parker Griffith is a lot like Republican Gov. Robert Bentley. Both are 71, both are doctors and both are running for governor. That's about where the similarities end.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Reaction from officials to the death of former Alabama Sen. Jeremiah Denton on Friday: