- Gov. Bentley discusses office closures with Jesse Jackson Updated: Oct-07-15 7:43 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday met with the Rev. Jesse Jackson and black legislators after a week of criticism over the state's closure of 31 rural drivers' license offices.
- State ethics commission says legislators can't lobby Updated: Oct-07-15 7:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Ethics Commission on Wednesday revised an earlier ruling and made it clear that legislators can't lobby other state officials on behalf of their employers. In another decision, commissioners took a dim view of public employees being paid by outside sources.
- State agencies reviewing impact of cuts, level funding Updated: Sep-26-15 8:35 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Many state departments will be making do with less money when the fiscal year begins on Thursday despite a last-minute budget deal that shielded critical state agencies.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Sep-23-15 4:40 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Planned Parenthood, Alabama in court over Medicaid money Updated: Sep-22-15 7:05 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Planned Parenthood went to court Tuesday and asked a federal judge to prevent Gov. Robert Bentley's administration from ending Medicaid payments to the organization's two Alabama clinics.
- Bentley signs general fund budget Updated: Sep-17-15 6:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Thursday signed the state's general fund budget into law after praising lawmakers who voted for a cigarette tax.