- Ala. education budget exceeds GOP's cap law Updated: Feb-28-14 7:35 pm
- 6 slated for Alabama Music Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-28-14 5:34 am
- BP employee PAC making Alabama contributions Updated: Feb-25-14 12:32 pm
- Strip mining could begin in northwest Ala. Updated: Feb-22-14 12:38 pm
- 3 of Bentley's opponents seek Alabama lottery Updated: Feb-22-14 10:55 am
- Ala. governor supports teen tanning restrictions Updated: Feb-21-14 4:17 pm
- Democrat Griffith kicks off campaign for governor Updated: Feb-19-14 2:38 pm
- Officials to commemorate Toyota Alabama milestone Updated: Feb-18-14 11:51 am
- Sen. Sessions praises Remington development plan Updated: Feb-16-14 3:25 pm
- AG urges restoring voting rights to ex-inmates Updated: Feb-11-14 6:47 pm
- Ala. governor reacts to US attorney general Updated: Feb-11-14 6:13 pm
- Medical marijuana gains traction in the Deep South Updated: Feb-09-14 5:59 pm
- AP Interview: New ASU president looks beyond audit Updated: Feb-08-14 10:08 am
- Parker Griffith Democrat again, runs for governor Updated: Feb-07-14 8:26 pm
- List of candidates for major Alabama offices Updated: Feb-07-14 8:23 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's Republican governor and some Republican legislators are looking at maneuvering around one of the campaign promises that their party used to win control of the Legislature four years ago.
FLORENCE, Alabama - Six people are scheduled for induction into the Alabama Music Hall of Fame during a ceremony in Florence.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Nearly four years after the Gulf oil spill, a political action committee associated with BP oil company is contributing to Alabama politicians' campaigns.
WOLF SPRINGS, Alabama - A company that wants to strip mine oil-bearing Hartselle sandstone in northwest Alabama could boost the economy, but residents are concerned about adverse effects to the environment, groundwater, property values and rural roadways.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Three candidates for governor are running on state lottery platforms and gambling that Alabama voters have changed their views since rejecting Gov. Don Siegelman's lottery plan 15 years ago.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's physician governor plans to sign legislation to put Alabama among a growing number of states enacting restrictions on teenagers using tanning salons.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Former U.S. Rep. Parker Griffith kicked off his Democratic campaign for governor by calling for the creation of a state lottery to fund college scholarships and an expansion of the state Medicaid program under the federal health care law.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - State and local officials are set to hold celebrate a milestone for a north Alabama auto engine plant.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A plan by Remington Outdoor Co. to open a plant in Huntsville that could employ thousands of workers has won the support of Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Eric Holder called on a group of states Tuesday to restore voting rights to ex-felons, part of a push to fix what he sees as flaws in the criminal justice system that have a disparate impact on racial minorities.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's governor said he has always believed convicted felons should have their voting rights restored after they have served their full sentences, a response to a call Tuesday from U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder for Alabama and 10 other states to do a better job at it.
ATLANTA - Medical marijuana has been a non-starter in recent years in the Deep South, where many Republican lawmakers feared it could lead to widespread drug use and social ills. That now appears to be changing, with proposals to allow a form of medical marijuana gaining momentum in a handful of Southern states.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gwendolyn Boyd grew up in a rough Montgomery housing project before leaving home to find success at John Hopkins University in Maryland. Now she has returned to Montgomery to make her home at one of the capital city's most prestigious addresses - - the president's home at Alabama State University.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Former Republican U.S. Rep. Parker Griffith of Huntsville rejoined the Democratic Party and entered the race for governor minutes before Friday's deadline.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Democratic and Republican candidates who qualified for major state offices: