- Alabama poet laureate Andrew Glaze dies at 95 Updated: Feb-08-16 5:50 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Andrew Glaze, who began work as a newspaper reporter in Birmingham after World War II and went on to become Alabama's poet laureate, has died.
- Recent state laws on domestic abuse, gun rights Updated: Feb-06-16 8:13 am
Specifics of the state laws passed during the last two years that are intended to make it harder for people convicted or suspected of domestic violence to access firearms:
- Muslim advocacy group asks for meeting with Alabama governor Updated: Feb-04-16 2:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Muslim advocacy group on Thursday asked to meet with Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley about statements he made on a refugee resettlement program that the group says were "derogatory and dehumanizing."
- Bentley proposes mix of budget cuts, education funding shift Updated: Feb-03-16 4:59 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday proposed a mix of budget cuts and a shift of education funds to address a general fund shortfall, but high-ranking senators said they doubted legislators will go along with a diversion of the education dollars.
- Lawmakers begin 2016 session to familiar budget woes Updated: Feb-02-16 9:21 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers began the 2016 legislative session on Groundhog Day with familiar budget woes that could spell funding cuts for many state agencies.
- 39 Alabama counties eligible for federal storm assistance Updated: Jan-22-16 11:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Officials say federal disaster assistance is available for people in areas that were hit by storms and floods in late December.
- Alabama to recognize veteran-owned businesses with stickers Updated: Jan-20-16 4:59 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and other officials have announced a program to provide display stickers to inform consumers of which businesses are owned by veterans.