- Giants play another 1-run game, lose 2-1 to Padres Updated: Apr-19-14 2:35 am
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-17-14 8:14 pm
- Giants beat Rockies 5-4 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-13-14 7:56 pm
- Expanded replay might make for better manners Updated: Apr-11-14 3:59 am
- Diamondbacks beat Giants 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-11-14 3:17 am
- Bochy loses his 1st challenge as safe call stands Updated: Apr-01-14 11:14 pm
- APNewsBreak: Dodgers set payroll record at $234M Updated: Mar-30-14 9:45 pm
- Arizona back home, Giants open season in desert Updated: Mar-30-14 5:59 pm
- Giants RHP Lincecum expected to make next start Updated: Mar-29-14 6:03 pm
- Giants' Lincecum escapes major injury on grounder Updated: Mar-29-14 1:33 am
- De La Rosa goes 6 scoreless for Rockies Updated: Mar-26-14 8:47 pm
- Skaggs helps Angels beat Giants 11-4 Updated: Mar-24-14 8:48 pm
- Lincecum hit hard but Giants rally past Royals Updated: Mar-23-14 9:24 pm
- Hudson goes 6 innings, Giants beat White Sox 8-5 Updated: Mar-22-14 9:26 pm
- Posey hits slam, Giants rock Cashner in 11-3 win Updated: Mar-21-14 3:02 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Francisco Giants have played eight straight games decided by one run, losing four of them.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched for his country, doing anything he could from afar to lift spirits in South Korea after all the lives lost during a devastating ferry accident.
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Crawford's first splash hit came at a most opportune time.
OAKLAND, California - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona calmly exited the dugout on opening night and approached home plate umpire Mike Winters with a rather polite request that he review a collision at the plate.
SAN FRANCISCO - Tony Campana and Cliff Pennington made the most of their rare starts for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
NEW YORK - The Los Angeles Dodgers set a record with an opening-day payroll of $234 million Sunday, according to a study of big league contracts by The Associated Press.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks played their "home" opener 7,800 miles away from Phoenix.
OAKLAND, California - San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum is expected to make his first scheduled start in the regular season despite getting hit on the left knee by a comebacker.
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum escaped what appeared to be a serious injury with only a bruised left knee in his final spring start.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Jorge De La Rosa tuned up for his opening-day start with six shutout innings for the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday, but Hector Sanchez hit a game-ending two-run homer to give the San Francisco Giants an 8-6 win.