- Ian Kennedy, Padres beat Giants 9-1 to snap home win streak Updated: May-06-15 8:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One big inning by one of baseball's most dangerous lineups cost Chris Heston and the San Francisco Giants.
- Ian Kennedy shuts down Giants as Padres avoid road sweep Updated: May-06-15 8:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Austin Hedges finally returned to the clubhouse at pitcher Josh Johnson's urging, then was told to climb into a laundry cart for his quick ride to the bathroom. There, teammates doused him with beer, baby powder and shaving cream.
- Cashner remains winless in San Francisco as Padres lose 6-0 Updated: May-06-15 2:35 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Andrew Cashner has pitched through some tough luck this season. That wasn't the problem Tuesday night.
- Weaver struggles again in Angels' 5-0 loss to Giants Updated: May-03-15 7:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jered Weaver had hoped to get his season back on track after stumbling through his first five starts.
- Giants beat Angels 5-0 behind Lincecum for 3-game sweep Updated: May-03-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Lincecum's fastball averages about 89 mph this season, down from 93-95 mph when he won consecutive NL Cy Young Awards in 2008 and '09.
- Giants-Rockies game postponed by rain Updated: Apr-26-15 5:33 pm
DENVER - Right-hander Bill Swift's arm was all warmed up and ready to throw out the ceremonial first pitch Sunday.
- Giants beat Rockies 5-4 in 11 innings Updated: Apr-26-15 1:32 am
DENVER - Moments after scoring the winning run for the Giants, Nori Aoki was in the middle of a playful clubhouse celebration in which he was presented with his AL championship ring from his time last season with the Kansas City Royals, the team San Francisco beat in the World Series.
- Panik hits game-ending sacrifice fly, Giants beat Dodgers Updated: Apr-23-15 2:47 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A pair of important wins against one of baseball's hottest teams is exactly what Giants manager Bruce Bochy is counting on to help get his club back on track from a rough start.
- Goldschmidt leads Diamondbacks past Giants 5-1 Updated: Apr-19-15 8:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After a last-place finish a year ago, the Arizona Diamondbacks will take solace in any small positives to start this season. A winning trip and series victory against the defending World Series champions sure counts as one.
- Giants presented championship rings Updated: Apr-18-15 9:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The championship banner fell out of the sky, accompanied by a skydiver, and the San Francisco Giants pregame ring ceremony began with a flourish Saturday.
- First-place Rockies complete sweep of struggling Giants Updated: Apr-16-15 2:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - As if this week couldn't get much better for Colorado's Nolan Arenado, he now gets to head home to Orange County and spend his 24th birthday Thursday eating some home cooking by his mother, Millie.
- Rockies beat Giants to spoil San Francisco's home opener Updated: Apr-13-15 9:20 pm
- Offense remains in deep freeze during MLB season's 1st week Updated: Apr-13-15 6:06 pm
Batters stayed stuck in the deep freeze in the sport's offensive ice age during the first week of the new major league season, with scoring remaining near its lowest level in more than two decades.
- Giants beat Arizona 5-2 for Heston's first big league win Updated: Apr-09-15 1:53 am
PHOENIX - Chris Heston plunked the first batter he faced and compounded it by throwing the ball into right field while trying to pick him off. The two-base error led to a run, not exactly the start a pitcher going for his first big league win wanted.
- Matt Cain put on disabled list by banged-up Giants Updated: Apr-08-15 3:39 am
PHOENIX - Two games into the season, the World Series champion San Francisco Giants are beset by injuries to several key players.
- Giants' Belt leaves game with leg injury Updated: Apr-07-15 11:32 pm
PHOENIX - San Francisco first baseman Brandon Belt left the Giants' game against Arizona on Tuesday night with a strained groin, replaced with one out in the bottom of the fourth inning by Joaquin Arias.