- Rockies, Blue Jays swap star shortstops Updated: Jul-28-15 12:38 pm
- CA independent teams to have computer call balls and strikes Updated: Jul-28-15 3:30 am
SAN RAFAEL, California - No blaming or booing the umpire for a questionable called third strike this week in a Northern California independent league.
- Brewers lose another close game, miss comeback in ninth Updated: Jul-28-15 2:47 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Milwaukee Brewers thought they had a legitimate chance to come back in the ninth inning before everything backfired.
- Crawford homers to back Heston as Giants win again, 4-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 2:09 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Crawford is hearing about his home run distances approaching Barry Bonds territory.
- Aoki returns from disabled list to face former Brewers team Updated: Jul-27-15 10:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Giants activated left fielder Nori Aoki from the 15-day disabled list Monday in time for him to return against the Milwaukee Brewers, who made a late scratch of right fielder Ryan Braun because of lower back tightness.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Oakland Athletics put two runners aboard with none out in the ninth against one of their former relievers, Santiago Casilla. San Francisco's closer worked out of it, securing a win for Giants starter Tim Hudson against his first major league team.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson knows almost nobody around the ever-changing Oakland Athletics anymore. That didn't make defeating his former team for the first time any less sweet.
- Belt, Posey gang up on Padres' pen in 7-1 Giants win Updated: Jul-22-15 8:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - Matt Cain knows he doesn't have time to settle in after returning to the San Francisco Giants following a long layoff.
- Hudson isn't sharp in return to Giants, loses 4-2 to Padres Updated: Jul-21-15 2:56 am
SAN DIEGO - Tim Hudson needed 27 pitches to get through the first inning and made a mistake against Matt Kemp that the slugger launched 409 feet over the fence in right-center.
- Lincecum has cortisone shots for degenerative hip condition Updated: Jul-20-15 9:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy says right-hander Tim Lincecum has received cortisone shots in both hips to treat a degenerative condition.
- Maxwell hits HR, Pence has key hit as Giants beat D-backs Updated: Jul-19-15 8:45 pm
PHOENIX - Even with his bullpen overworked the previous two days, Giants manager Bruce Bochy decided that there was no point in pushing ace Madison Bumgarner beyond five innings and 93 pitches on Sunday.
- Jersey Boys Trout & Frazier head home after All-Star triumph Updated: Jul-15-15 2:51 am
CINCINNATI - As the Jersey Boys prepared to jet home from the All-Star Game for two days of R&R, Todd Frazier knew who was covering the cost of the charter flight, and it wasn't him.
- Chapman hits 103 mph in 9th inning of NL's 6-3 All-Star loss Updated: Jul-15-15 2:48 am
CINCINNATI - Aroldis Chapman's first pitch zoomed in at 99 mph. The Reds closer was just warming up.
- NL pitchers a bit off as AL rolls to 6-3 All-Star win Updated: Jul-15-15 1:07 am
CINCINNATI - Four pitches into the game, Zack Greinke left one up just a little bit. At Great American Ball Park, that's too much.
- Rose, 3 other Reds honored on field before All-Star Game Updated: Jul-14-15 9:20 pm
CINCINNATI - Pete Rose came home for the All-Star Game and made a rare on-field appearance in the place where he's still treated like a king.
- The Latest: Donaldson eliminates Rizzo from Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-13-15 8:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments from baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Cincinnati, where sluggers will compete in the Home Run Derby on Monday night before Tuesday's game to decide home field advantage in the World Series (all times local):
- Phillies fall 4-2 to Giants, set new low before break Updated: Jul-12-15 7:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Philadelphia Phillies were in quite a rush to get out of San Francisco on Sunday after completing the worst first half in franchise history.
- Susac, Heston help Giants beat Phillies 4-2, complete sweep Updated: Jul-12-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants, after being hampered by injuries and inconsistencies for months, are suddenly looking awfully healthy heading into the All-Star break.
- Dodgers' Kershaw headed to 5th straight All-Star Game Updated: Jul-12-15 4:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw is going to the All-Star Game in Cincinnati despite a .500 record in the first half for the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Kershaw, Santiago join All-Stars, replacing Scherzer, Gray Updated: Jul-12-15 4:30 pm
CINCINNATI - With several All-Stars pitching Sunday and other players nursing injuries, the rosters for the Mid-Summer Classic went through some changes before Tuesday's game in Cincinnati.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Bochy, Vogelsong ejected in fifth inning against Nationals Updated: Jul-05-15 10:15 pm
WASHINGTON - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy and starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong were ejected by plate umpire Phil Cuzzi in the fifth inning Sunday night after complaining about the strike zone.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Fernandez homers in comeback to help Miami beat Giants, 5-4 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:00 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez's comeback required a comeback.