- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill Updated: Mar-08-14 1:05 pm
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis Updated: Mar-08-14 1:00 pm
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school Updated: Mar-07-14 2:17 pm
- Obama vacation plans in doubt because of Ukraine Updated: Mar-06-14 9:48 pm
- GOP tax plan lowers rates, repeals popular breaks Updated: Feb-26-14 6:00 pm
- 27 liberal groups oppose Obama judicial nominee Updated: Feb-20-14 1:55 pm
WASHINGTON - In late December, President Barack Obama's new legislative affairs team sent him more than a dozen recommendations for ways to improve his strained relations with Capitol Hill. The president responded with a few ideas of his own, including a request for more social events with lawmakers at the White House.
WASHINGTON - Four Central European nations are urging the United States to boost natural gas exports to Europe as a hedge against the possibility that Russia could cut off its supply of gas to Ukraine.
HOMESTEAD, Florida - President Barack Obama is beginning a new effort to help students take the first step toward getting college educations.
WASHINGTON - It was supposed be a weekend getaway to Florida for President Barack Obama and his wife and daughters, an escape from the frigid weather and lingering piles of snow around Washington. But Russia's intervention in Ukraine has put Obama's plans in doubt, making it possible the family could end up at the White House.
WASHINGTON - A sweeping House Republican plan to overhaul the nation's tax laws would wipe out a slew of popular tax breaks to help pay for lower overall tax rates, a politically risky move in an election year that drew quick opposition Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Twenty-seven liberal groups are pressuring Senate Democrats to reject one of President Barack Obama's judicial nominees.