- Pineda says he'll learn from ejection for pine tar Updated: Apr-24-14 3:43 am
- Red Sox beat Yanks 5-1 after getting Pineda tossed Updated: Apr-24-14 12:41 am
- Pineda tossed for pine tar; Red Sox beat Yanks 5-1 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:18 pm
- Nova, Yankees beat Red Sox 3-2 with replay help Updated: Apr-14-14 12:53 am
- Red Sox use 14-hit attack to beat Orioles 4-3 Updated: Apr-03-14 11:14 pm
- Napoli homers in Red Sox 4-0 win over Twins Updated: Mar-28-14 5:27 pm
- Red Sox look ahead, not back to 2013 championship Updated: Mar-25-14 7:04 pm
BOSTON - The pine tar glistened on Michael Pineda's neck, improving his grip and inviting trouble.
BOSTON - Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was ejected for using pine tar less than two weeks after appearing to get away with using a foreign substance in another game against Boston, and the Red Sox beat New York 5-1 on Wednesday night.
NEW YORK - With a little help from the replay room, Carlos Beltran and the banged-up Yankees did just enough to hold off Boston.
BALTIMORE - The Boston Red Sox opened the new baseball season the same way they finished the last one - by combining solid pitching and a relentless offense to win a series.
BOSTON - Last season was one to remember for fans of the Red Sox - and one to forget for the players.