- Ganong gets 1st career podium, now he wants a win Updated: Feb-28-14 10:46 am
- Analysis: Sochi Games, winding down: an assessment Updated: Feb-22-14 12:46 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Meyers on Twitter Updated: Feb-22-14 8:41 am
- Slovenia's Maze adds giant slalom to downhill gold Updated: Feb-18-14 9:16 am
- Halfway into Olympics, US ski racers have 1 medal Updated: Feb-15-14 11:08 am
- Fenninger wins Olympic super-G; Hoefl-Riesch 2nd Updated: Feb-15-14 7:43 am
- 2 golds: Maze, Gisin tie in Sochi Olympic downhill Updated: Feb-12-14 10:58 am
- Last women's downhill training canceled in Sochi Updated: Feb-10-14 10:54 pm
- Julia Mancuso of US wins 4th Olympic Alpine medal Updated: Feb-10-14 4:44 pm
- Hoefl-Riesch wins super-combined; 3rd Olympic gold Updated: Feb-10-14 11:33 am
KVITFJELL, Norway - With the World Cup season nearly over, Travis Ganong is just getting started.
SOCHI, Russia - For organization, the Sochi Games deserve a solid 7 marks out of 10. Unless, of course, you had to shower in cold, brown water in an unfinished mountain hotel and griped about it to #SochiProblems on Twitter.
SOCHI, Russia - American bobsledder Elana Meyers of Douglasville, Georgia, took some time with @AP_Sports on Twitter, answering questions from AP journalists and fans about life as an Olympian under the hashtag #apsochi.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This, Tina Maze can say now, was what she had in mind all along: An Olympic performance that hadn't been seen in 42 years.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - As Julia Mancuso and other Alpine skiers from the United States muddled their way through some less-than-auspicious results in pre-Olympic races on the World Cup circuit, the team's thinking - well, the hope, really - was that they'd get in gear at the Winter Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The super-G was running so extreme that seven of the opening eight racers slid, tumbled, careened and glided off the course, unable to finish.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Slovenia's Tina Maze and Switzerland's Dominique Gisin took different paths on an Olympic downhill filled with flats and turns, jumps and bumps, across slender trees' shadows, along snow that was icy at the top, soft at the bottom.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Organizers canceled the last training session for the women's downhill at the Sochi Olympics due to mild temperatures and soft snow conditions.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - For years, Julia Mancuso's skiing accomplishments - and there were many - were overshadowed by Lindsey Vonn's.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - In Alpine skiing, there are speed specialists and there are technical specialists, and then there's Maria Hoefl-Riesch.