- Correction: Buffett arrives for Berkshire Hathaway meeting Updated: May-02-16 12:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - In a story April 30 about Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholders meeting, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Fabio Rivera is a student at the University of Arkansas. He attends Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas.
- California media specialist, Republican aide dies at age 38 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Julie Soderlund, a California communications strategist and aide to high-ranking Republicans including former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, died Thursday at the age of 38 after a nine-month battle with cancer.
- California governor's greenhouse-gas cuts scrutinized Updated: Apr-21-16 8:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The top lawyer for the California Legislature says Gov. Jerry Brown exceeded his authority when he issued an executive order imposing what he called the most aggressive carbon-emission reductions in North America, aligning California with the European Union's aggressive climate change standards.
- Thousands of voters, celebrities, register to wrong party Updated: Apr-17-16 5:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - A survey has found that tens of thousands of voters, including Demi Moore and other celebrities, have mistakenly registered as members of a conservative minor political party in California in a mix-up over its name, a newspaper reported Sunday.
- Schwarzenegger ally's son freed from California prison Updated: Apr-10-16 10:25 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The son of a former California state Assembly speaker has been freed from prison after his manslaughter sentence was dramatically reduced in 2011 by then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, prison officials said Sunday.
- Schwarzenegger ally's son to be freed from California prison Updated: Apr-08-16 5:51 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The son of former California state Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez will be freed from prison within days, prison officials said Friday, the result of then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's much criticized 2011 decision to commute half the manslaughter sentence for his political ally's child.