- De Blasio, Cuomo push dueling education agendas Updated: Mar-04-14 8:16 pm
- Pols: NY public campaign financing vital to women Updated: Mar-03-14 5:10 pm
- NY Dream Act passes Assembly, heads to Senate Updated: Feb-25-14 6:43 pm
- NY Legislature's top Democrat: pre-K tax not dead Updated: Feb-25-14 3:07 pm
- NY Senate leaders divided over pre-K, NYC tax Updated: Feb-10-14 7:00 pm
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo pledged his support to a massive pro-charter school rally Tuesday at the state Capitol as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio urged one more push in the state Legislature for his beleaguered pre-kindergarten funding plan - underscoring the political differences between the two powerful Democrats.
ALBANY, New York - More than 160 women in elected positions or holding other leadership posts have written to New York's top elected officials, all men, urging them to enact public campaign financing.
ALBANY, New York - New York's Assembly passed a bill Tuesday that would open state tuition assistance programs to students in the country illegally, and now the measure moves to an uncertain future in the Senate.
ALBANY, New York - The state Legislature's most powerful Democrat says New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's plan to fund citywide pre-kindergarten with a tax increase is not off the table as lawmakers negotiate a budget.
ALBANY, New York - The state Senate's leaders on Monday emphasized that, like Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, they are split over funding universal pre-kindergarten with increased income taxes on the city's wealthy.