- Hill gives up 2 hits in 6 innings but A's lose 2-1 to Astros Updated: May-01-16 10:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - The leadoff home run by Jose Altuve was hardly what frustrated Rich Hill the most. It was the three walks and the sacrifice fly he gave up in the third inning that left Oakland's left-hander shaking his head.
- Altuve homers to back Fister in Astros' 2-1 win over A's Updated: May-01-16 8:08 pm
OAKLAND, California - Doug Fister didn't have much margin for error, not with Houston managing only two hits - none after the third inning.
- Astros' aggressive approach backfires in 2-0 loss to A's Updated: Apr-30-16 8:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Houston Astros took an aggressive approach against Jesse Hahn's sinker and came out swinging early in the count.
- Tigers again fail to score for Pelfrey in 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-26-16 11:38 pm
DETROIT - Mike Pelfrey is four starts into his first season with the Detroit Tigers - and they still haven't given him a single run of support.
- Davis, Crisp homer to back Hill as A's beat Yankees 7-3 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:11 am
NEW YORK - Playing on the road is really starting to suit manager Bob Melvin and the Oakland Athletics.
- Shoemaker, Angels beat Athletics for 4th straight win Updated: Apr-13-16 8:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - All it took was a different mindset for Matt Shoemaker's dramatic turnaround from his last start. Now he's looking to continue the trend.
- A's scratch Sonny Gray from opener because of food poisoning Updated: Apr-04-16 8:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland ace Sonny Gray was scratched from his opening day start because of food poisoning that sent him to the emergency room Monday morning for intravenous fluids.