- Juventus seeks 1st European title since scandal Updated: Apr-23-14 1:25 am
- Destro and Immobile could light up World Cup stage Updated: Apr-21-14 6:44 am
- Rossi and Cassano included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:11 pm
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 10:02 pm
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 6:59 pm
- 5 Argentina players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:02 am
- Argentina faces Tevez dilemma ahead of World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 5:59 am
- Will Zaccheroni be the right man for Japan? Updated: Apr-09-14 5:14 am
ROME - When Juventus visits Benfica in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals Thursday, it will mark the first appearance for the once dominant Turin club in the final four of a European competition since finishing runner-up in the 2003 Champions League.
MILAN - Given the statistics, two players should have a chance to make their international breakthrough by lighting up Italy's attack at this summer's World Cup.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal, first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
With a squad packed full of talent from Europe's top clubs, Argentina is certainly one of the title contenders at this year's World Cup.
Argentina will be heading to the World Cup with the spotlight split between Lionel Messi and a player who's unlikely to make the cut.
TOKYO - When hiring Alberto Zaccheroni, the Japan Football Association was convinced the Italian coach's calm demeanor and European know-how was the perfect combination to take the national team to the next level at the World Cup.