- Tentative agreement signed in Klamath water wars Updated: Dec-04-13 4:23 pm
- Immigrant activists end DC fast, pass baton Updated: Dec-03-13 4:13 pm
- Oregon activists join immigration reform fast Updated: Dec-03-13 2:52 pm
- GOP sees health care law as big 2014 opportunity Updated: Nov-16-13 3:34 am
- House GOP chair sees 2014 gains due to health care Updated: Nov-15-13 10:51 am
- Walden encouraged by talks on onions, water rules Updated: Nov-14-13 6:58 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber and representatives of the Obama administration have signed an agreement for sharing scarce water in the Upper Klamath Basin, where irrigation was shut off to ranchers last summer after the Klamath Tribes exercised newly awarded water rights to protect fish.
MIAMI - Three immigrant advocates on a hunger strike to pressure lawmakers to change the country's immigration system ended their three-week fast Tuesday on the National Mall, while a new group of fasters including U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy III took their place.
PORTLAND, Oregon - About half a dozen Oregon immigrant rights activists are fasting for 24 hours to protest inaction in Congress on immigration reform.
WASHINGTON - In his West Virginia district, the TV ads attacking Democratic Rep. Nick Rahall over the calamitous startup of President Barack Obama's health care law have already begun.
WASHINGTON - The chairman of the House GOP campaign committee says voter anger over canceled health care policies will cost Democrats' seats in the midterm elections.
ONTARIO, Oregon - U.S. Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon says he's encouraged by talks with federal officials over a proposed water quality standard that farmers growing onions under irrigation say they can't meet.