- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Mandela film shifts from tribute to eulogy Updated: Dec-06-13 11:56 am
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey Updated: Dec-05-13 6:49 pm
- Mandela inspired music, movies, poems Updated: Dec-05-13 5:59 pm
- EXCHANGE: Mattoon man loves blues festivals Updated: Nov-15-13 6:16 am
- Family Film Guide: "Thor: The Dark World,' 'Free Birds,'... Updated: Nov-14-13 9:46 am
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
NEW YORK - With the passing of Nelson Mandela, the sweeping biopic "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" transforms in the midst of its theatrical release from a living tribute to a big-screen eulogy.
JOHANNESBURG - He emerged into bright winter sunshine, stepped onto the lush field and pulled on a cap. His long-sleeve green rugby jersey was untucked and buttoned right up to the top, a style all his own. On the back, a gold No. 6, big and bold.
NEW YORK - Heroic in his deeds, graceful in his manner, sainted in his image, Nelson Mandela long served as both cause and muse in the entertainment community.
MATTOON, Illinois - Not too far from the crossroads where some say legendary blues musician Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil, Mike Sneddon regularly visits to take in the kind of music Johnson performed, with or without his soul.
A guide to movies from a family perspective: