- NYPD commissioner: Officer died saving others Updated: Apr-09-14 1:16 pm
- NYC Mayor orders flags lowered after officer death Updated: Apr-09-14 11:22 am
- 2 arrested in NYC gun sting Updated: Apr-03-14 5:12 pm
- NYC's top cop defends 'awful' morale comments Updated: Apr-02-14 2:16 pm
- NY Sen. Schumer asks feds to review WTC security Updated: Mar-30-14 4:02 pm
- NYPD oversight official named Updated: Mar-28-14 2:25 pm
- WTC parachute jump condemned as 'selfish act' Updated: Mar-25-14 7:59 pm
- Report: Oakland police stop blacks at higher rate Updated: Mar-24-14 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - A police officer who was critically injured last weekend while responding to a mattress fire in a Brooklyn apartment building succumbed to his injuries Wednesday, Police Commissioner William J. Bratton said, noting that the father of four "died trying to save others."
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio has ordered flags lowered to half-staff across the city after the death of a police officer.
NEW YORK - Authorities have arrested two men for selling 39 guns to undercover officers near the Bronx Zoo and elsewhere on the streets of New York City.
NEW YORK - New York Police Department Commissioner Bill Bratton is defending his comments that morale in the nation's largest police force is "awful."
NEW YORK - Sen. Charles Schumer stood by the World Trade Center on Sunday, demanding that federal officials review security after daredevils twice sneaked to the top of the site's signature, 104-story skyscraper.
NEW YORK - A former federal prosecutor who has monitored police in Washington, D.C., for more than a decade was named on Friday as the first-ever inspector general of the New York Police Department.
NEW YORK - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the New York police commissioner denounced the parachute jump off 1 World Trade Center last fall by three skydiving enthusiasts as a lawless act that put others in danger.
OAKLAND, California - A report by the Oakland Police Department released Monday said its officers stop and search blacks far more frequently than any other racial group in the city.