- Haiti protest derides Dominican court ruling Updated: Dec-06-13 3:37 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Several thousand in Haiti march in 2 protests Updated: Nov-29-13 6:16 pm
- Dominican citizenship law now Caribbean issue Updated: Nov-25-13 12:41 pm
- Haitian rock band RAM set to perform in Miami Updated: Nov-15-13 3:05 am
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Hundreds of protesters gathered Friday to criticize a recent court decision in the Dominican Republic that could strip the citizenship of generations of people of Haitian descent living in the neighboring country.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Several thousand Haitians marched in parallel protests on Friday in the Caribbean nation's capital.
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Caribbean leaders will hold a special emergency meeting to discuss a court ruling in the Dominican Republic that could strip citizenship rights to migrants and their descendants.
MIAMI - One of Haiti's prominent hoteliers is performing with his voodoo-inspired rock band in Miami.