- Abdullah, Ghani lead in partial Afghan vote tally Updated: Apr-13-14 3:58 pm
- AP Interview: Afghan candidate praises Karzai Updated: Apr-03-14 9:05 am
- Afghans line up for last-minute voter registration Updated: Apr-01-14 1:00 pm
- AP Interview: Afghan candidate will respect vote Updated: Mar-27-14 3:02 pm
- In Afghan race, wooing votes with ethnic strongmen Updated: Mar-24-14 3:13 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Two clear front-runners emerged in Afghanistan's presidential election as partial results released Sunday showed a tight race that increasingly appears destined for a runoff vote.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A leading Afghan presidential candidate praised Hamid Karzai for allowing the country's first democratic transition of power and said Thursday that he'll offer the longtime leader an advisory role if he wins this weekend's election.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghans lined up by the hundreds Tuesday up in a last-minute rush to register for voting cards, a sign that interest in national elections is high despite fears of violence.
KABUL, Afghanistan - One of the top three contenders in Afghanistan's presidential race said Thursday that he won't challenge the results even if he loses and suspects fraud, and he urged his opponents to do the same.
KABUL, Afghanistan - On the edge of a Kabul neighborhood dominated by members of Afghanistan's ethnic Hazara minority, an election poster of presidential candidate Abdul Rasoul Sayyaf is damaged - partially scraped away by someone trying to remove it.