- Turkish attacks on Kurds muddle Obama's Islamic State fight Updated: Jul-29-15 4:31 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - President Barack Obama's stepped-up partnership with Turkey in fighting the Islamic State may come at the cost of alienating another key group he's counting on for help in the same conflict: the Kurds.
- Cuban flag to hang in State Dept. lobby as embassies reopen Updated: Jul-17-15 4:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The Cuban flag will soon be hung in the lobby of the State Department, joining those of other nations with which the United States has diplomatic relations, the department said Friday.
- Documents: US agents knew of 'El Chapo' escape plots in 2014 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The weekend disappearance of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman from a maximum security prison should have come as little surprise to Mexican authorities: The Drug Enforcement Administration had alerted them 16 months ago about several plans to escape.
- Tibetan lama Tenzin Delek Rinpoche dies in Chinese prison Updated: Jul-13-15 10:16 pm
BEIJING - Tibetan lama Tenzin Delek Rinpoche has died in prison 13 years into serving a sentence for what human rights groups say were false charges that he was involved in a bombing in a public park. He was 65.
- State Dept: Trade bill can't defend Israel's territories Updated: Jun-30-15 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - One day after President Barack Obama signed hard-fought trade legislation, his administration took issue with language meant to discourage boycotts of Israel.