- Giants play another 1-run game, lose 2-1 to Padres Updated: Apr-19-14 2:35 am
- Ross, Padres beat Cain and Giants 2-1 Updated: Apr-19-14 2:08 am
- Smyly hit hard in Tigers' 11-6 loss to Angels Updated: Apr-19-14 12:42 am
- Pujols hits 497th homer, Angels beat Tigers 11-6 Updated: Apr-19-14 12:05 am
- Ross outduels Scherzer to lift Padres over Tigers Updated: Apr-13-14 8:51 pm
- Tigers lose to Dodgers 3-2 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-09-14 3:39 am
- Tigers-Royals called because of rain Updated: Apr-03-14 2:50 pm
- Kinsler's hit lifts Tigers over Royals 2-1 in 10 Updated: Apr-02-14 6:35 pm
- Dombrowski puts baseball's growth in perspective Updated: Apr-01-14 5:33 pm
- Ausmus, Tigers host Royals in opener Updated: Mar-30-14 3:47 pm
- Tigers' Cabrera gets record $292M, 10-year deal Updated: Mar-28-14 6:49 pm
- Harang hit hard in Braves debut, a 9-3 loss Updated: Mar-27-14 6:18 pm
- Tigers still among AL favorites despite injuries Updated: Mar-25-14 6:57 pm
- Tigers closer Joe Nathan gives up 4 runs in 9th Updated: Mar-23-14 8:42 pm
- Tigers, Scherzer break off contract talks for now Updated: Mar-23-14 7:55 pm
- Strasburg bests Scherzer; Nats top Tigers 8-1 Updated: Mar-20-14 6:06 pm
- MLB 2014: West teams chase low-budget Athletics Updated: Mar-20-14 4:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Francisco Giants have played eight straight games decided by one run, losing four of them.
SAN DIEGO - Years later and some 500 miles to the south, Tyson Ross still considers the San Francisco Giants to be rivals.
DETROIT - Drew Smyly's return to the rotation was an inauspicious one.
DETROIT - Albert Pujols is quietly closing in on 500 home runs.
SAN DIEGO - A handful of San Diego regulars still aren't hitting their weight, and the Padres had only six hits against Max Scherzer and the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
LOS ANGELES - Brad Ausmus returned to Dodger Stadium for the first time as a major league manager and found the place no different than during his final season as a player. The home team is still getting clutch hits and pulling out dramatic wins.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus is hoping he'll have a chance to use every position player on his roster before too long - no sense letting backups become rusty at the beginning of the season.
DETROIT - With the Detroit Tigers in a jam after a close play at first base, Brad Ausmus calmly made his way onto the field.
DETROIT - Shortly before the start of a spring training game last month, Dave Dombrowski paused briefly to sign a few autographs for fans.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus expects to approach his managerial debut with the same relaxed attitude he showed throughout spring training.
LAKELAND, Florida - This is one number put up by Miguel Cabrera that is not subject to debate.
LAKELAND, Florida - Aaron Harang made his Atlanta Braves debut, allowing six runs, including a long homer to Miguel Cabrera, while pitching into the sixth inning of a 9-3 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Thursday.
DETROIT - When Justin Verlander takes the mound for Detroit on opening day, maybe then the Tigers will be able to enjoy a much-needed sense of normalcy.
DETROIT - Max Scherzer is inching closer to free agency.
VIERA, Florida - Had this been the regular season, Stephen Strasburg vs. Max Scherzer would have been a tantalizing matchup.