- Connecticut agency to play key role in Anthem/Cigna merger Updated: Oct-03-15 10:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Department of Insurance is playing a major role in a deal that could create the nation's largest health insurer, leading a 26-state review of Anthem Inc.'s proposed merger with Bloomfield-based Cigna.
- In FIFA crisis, politicians must turn up the heat for change Updated: Oct-02-15 7:54 am
PARIS - Here's a cheery thought for those despairing of the unrelenting disaster that is FIFA. In Chinese, the word "crisis" is formed from two characters: "danger" and "opportunity." As grim as things look at the top of football, there may still be a chance to salvage a brighter future from the scorched earth of Sepp Blatter's reign.
- Experts call on US, seafood industry to fight slavery at sea Updated: Sep-29-15 5:01 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government and the seafood industry must work to end human trafficking in global fishing fleets whose catches end up on American dinner tables, experts agreed Tuesday at a Senate briefing.
- CEOs of Aetna, Anthem make case for health insurance mergers Updated: Sep-22-15 4:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Leaders of two major health insurers planning multibillion dollar acquisitions made their case to Congress that bigger can mean better in their industry, but concerns are being raised in Washington about how these deals will affect consumers and competition.
- State, federal officials celebrate new I-95 bridge Updated: Sep-19-15 5:35 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Thousands have walked across the replacement Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge on Interstate 95 in New Haven to celebrate its completion.
- Iran nuclear deal is done, but not the debate in Congress Updated: Sep-19-15 9:25 am
WASHINGTON - It's a done deal, yet opponents of the Iran nuclear agreement won't go quietly.
- Ex-convict a step closer to regaining Bridgeport mayor post Updated: Sep-17-15 5:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Mayor and ex-convict Joe Ganim says the people of Bridgeport have spoken in nominating him as the city's Democratic mayoral candidate. But incumbent Bill Finch is vowing a fight all the way to the November general election.
- Lawmakers meet with CEO over prospect of GE's departure Updated: Sep-16-15 6:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Sen. Chris Murphy says he, Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Rep. Jim Himes have met with General Electric Co. chief executive Jeff Immelt in an effort to keep the industrial giant from leaving Connecticut.
- Obama to honor UConn women for 2015 basketball title Updated: Sep-14-15 7:39 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut women's basketball team is not quite finished celebrating their third straight national title.
- Connecticut's Blumenthal to support the Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-08-15 11:09 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut says he will support the nuclear deal with Iran.