- Connecticut governor wants guns denied to terror watch list Updated: Nov-23-15 1:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy called on top congressional leaders to pass legislation that would prohibit the sale of firearms and explosives to anyone suspected by the federal government of being a terrorist.
- Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg to sponsor new Navy submarine Updated: Nov-11-15 12:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Facebook's Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, known for advocating women's empowerment through her "Lean In" book and campaign, has been chosen to sponsor a Navy submarine.
- Blumenthal: end 'paid patriotism' at sporting events Updated: Nov-07-15 3:38 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A U.S. senator from Connecticut is joining the chorus of critics calling for an end to taxpayer-funded patriotic displays at NFL games and other professional sports events.
- Shaheen wants VA to use NPR database on mustard gas exposure Updated: Nov-04-15 3:31 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen and Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal are urging the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to use a new database to identify World War II veterans who were exposed to mustard gas.
- Japanese company fined $70 million over exploding air bags Updated: Nov-03-15 10:55 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators fined Japan's Takata Corp. $70 million Tuesday for concealing evidence for years that its air bags are prone to explode with grisly consequences - a defect linked to eight deaths and more than 100 injuries worldwide.
- Resolutions in Congress cite sub industry in Connecticut Updated: Oct-31-15 9:32 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's congressional delegation has introduced resolutions in the House and Senate to recognize the state's 100-year-old submarine heritage.