- E-cigarettes: fresh air or smoke and mirrors? Updated: Mar-10-14 9:58 am
- Mass., Conn., RI senators highlight climate change Updated: Mar-08-14 4:16 pm
- JetBlue to offer service from Conn. to DC Updated: Mar-07-14 9:02 am
- Senators: Quicker action needed on safety rules Updated: Mar-06-14 4:57 pm
- Metro-North execs pledge changes to boost service Updated: Feb-27-14 6:00 pm
- Holder-Winfield wins special election in Conn. Updated: Feb-26-14 2:59 am
- Congress signals tough fight for Pentagon plan Updated: Feb-25-14 4:49 pm
- Blumenthal to meet with Metro-North chief in Conn. Updated: Feb-20-14 8:55 am
- Durbin urges more stores to stop selling tobacco Updated: Feb-11-14 4:10 am
- Blumenthal to drug stores: don't sell cigarettes Updated: Feb-10-14 2:25 pm
NEW YORK - On the edge of the SoHo neighborhood downtown, The Henley Vaporium is an intimate hipster hangout with overstuffed chairs, exposed brick, friendly counter help - but no booze.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - U.S. senators from Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are among 28 lawmakers who are preparing to hold the Senate floor all night long to urge congressional action on climate change.
WINDSOR LOCKS, Connecticut - JetBlue Airways has announced that it will begin offering daily flights between Connecticut's Bradley International Airport and Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington.
WASHINGTON - Government regulators are taking too long to write new rail safety regulations in light of recent fiery oil train accidents and a deadly commuter train derailment, senators complained Thursday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Metro-North Railroad has failed commuters who are fed up with late trains, concerns about safety, rising fares and other chronic problems, Connecticut lawmakers bluntly told the transit agency's two top executives Thursday.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Democratic state Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield of New Haven has won a special state senate election to succeed veteran Toni Harp, who's now the mayor of New Haven.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers signaled a difficult battle ahead for the Obama administration's plan to dramatically overhaul the nation's military, voicing opposition Tuesday to proposed cuts in benefit packages, long-standing weapons programs and bases that mean money and jobs across America.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal is the latest Connecticut politician to meet with the new president of Metro-North Railroad.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin is among eight senators urging more drugstore chains to follow the example of CVS Caremark by ending the sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Sen. Richard Blumenthal is calling on other drug stores to follow CVS's lead and stop selling tobacco products.