- Conn. US senators push for Metro-North safety Updated: Dec-07-13 12:56 pm
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' Updated: Dec-07-13 9:41 am
- First female mayor sworn in to office in Norwich Updated: Dec-04-13 5:41 am
- Conn. officials: Curbing violence a community task Updated: Nov-27-13 8:37 am
- Conn. Sen. wants vote on anti-discrimination bill Updated: Nov-08-13 3:05 am
- Sen. Toni Harp wins New Haven mayoral race Updated: Nov-05-13 9:20 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut U.S. senators are stepping up pressure on Metro-North Railroad to revamp safety systems after federal transportation regulators ordered the commuter train operator to take emergency measures in the wake of a derailment that killed four people in the Bronx this week.
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Newtown groups and members of Connecticut's Congressional delegation are kicking off a week of "acts of kindness" to honor the victims of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
NORWICH, Connecticut - Norwich's first female mayor has taken office.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch, Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy, and other officials are discussing ways to curb violence in Bridgeport and other cities around the state.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal and various Connecticut gay rights advocates are trying to put pressure on House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) to take up a measure to outlaw workplace discrimination against gays.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - State Sen. Toni Harp has been elected the first new mayor of New Haven in two decades.