- Polish election winner officially named president-elect Updated: May-29-15 10:11 am
WARSAW, Poland - Andrzej Duda, the conservative winner of Poland's presidential election, was officially named president-elect in a solemn state ceremony Friday.
- Enraged voters reject political status quo in Spain, Poland Updated: May-26-15 11:10 am
MADRID - Reeling from punishment at the polls, Spain's major parties prepared Tuesday for negotiations with anti-establishment newcomer groups while Poland's governing party assessed how to reconnect with voters who ousted the president.
- Conservative challenger Duda wins Polish presidential vote Updated: May-25-15 7:19 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Conservative challenger Andrzej Duda has won Poland's presidential election and ousted the incumbent in a runoff vote, according to official results Monday.
- Motley mix of players challenge Polish president in election Updated: May-09-15 2:16 am
WARSAW, Poland - The incumbent is an aristocrat who embodies Polish tradition. His challengers include a punk rock star, a blonde bombshell actress and a renegade vodka producer who once wielded a gun at a press conference.
- Europe marks 70 years since Nazi defeat, end of epochal war Updated: May-08-15 6:35 pm
PARIS - With quiet moments of memory or military pomp, leaders and ordinary citizens across Europe are marking 70 years since the Nazi defeat and the end of a war that ravaged the continent. But the East-West alliance that vanquished Hitler is deeply divided today.
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of end of WWII Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president led international commemorations late Thursday and into Friday marking the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, a gathering meant as an alternative celebration to Moscow's Red Square parade this weekend.