- Senate OKs bill to combat military sexual assault Updated: Mar-10-14 7:37 pm
- WV lawmakers say rule hurts black-lung patients Updated: Mar-06-14 5:09 pm
- Romney backs Iowa Republican Ernst for US Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:46 pm
- Senators look for e-cigarette marketing limits Updated: Feb-26-14 4:19 pm
- Feds file suit against for-profit college chain Updated: Feb-26-14 3:54 pm
- Democrats again delay Senate minimum wage debate Updated: Feb-25-14 3:47 pm
- Democrats push minimum wage hike in Iowa Updated: Feb-18-14 12:37 pm
- GAO recommends changes for student debit cards Updated: Feb-13-14 3:14 pm
- Senate confirms Techau as US attorney in Iowa Updated: Feb-12-14 6:05 pm
- Durbin urges more stores to stop selling tobacco Updated: Feb-11-14 4:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate overwhelmingly approved a bill late Monday making big changes in the military justice system to deal with sexual assault, including scrapping the nearly century-old practice of using a "good soldier defense" to raise doubts that a crime has been committed.
WASHINGTON - Seven Democratic members of Congress are urging the Labor Department to change a proposed rule that they say would harm black-lung patients.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Several U.S. senators on Wednesday introduced a bill that would curb electronic cigarette marketing while the fast-growing industry awaits regulation by the Food and Drug Administration.
WASHINGTON - The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau filed suit Wednesday against a large, for-profit college chain alleging that it pushed students into high-cost private student loans knowing they would likely end in default.
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats have again delayed debating a proposal to increase the federal minimum wage to $10.10 hourly, postponing work on one of President Barack Obama's top priorities.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legislation to boost Iowa's minimum wage earned preliminary approval Tuesday in the Democratic-majority state Senate, though supporters acknowledge the bill faces major hurdles due to a lack of Republican support.
WASHINGTON - Small fees add up for college students using college-issued debit and prepaid cards, which are often used to draw financial aid, and congressional investigators on Thursday urged greater oversight of their use.
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A Des Moines attorney who once led Iowa's Department of Public Safety has been confirmed as the top federal prosecutor in northern Iowa.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin is among eight senators urging more drugstore chains to follow the example of CVS Caremark by ending the sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products.