- Some exempted from minimum wage, increased or not Updated: Apr-16-14 3:07 pm
- GOP Senate hopefuls unite in opposition to Braley Updated: Apr-02-14 10:46 pm
- No. 2 Senate Dem says minimum wage talks possible Updated: Apr-02-14 1:37 pm
- Minimum wage value falling but fairness is debated Updated: Mar-31-14 11:22 am
- Iowa praised, but no states mimic mapping system Updated: Mar-31-14 1:57 am
- Unguarded comments, caught on tape, dog candidates Updated: Mar-27-14 8:34 pm
- Government: Education system rife with inequities Updated: Mar-22-14 3:06 am
WASHINGTON - Some low-paid workers won't benefit even if a long-shot Democratic proposal to raise the federal minimum wage becomes law.
AMES, Iowa - To call the gathering of Republican U.S. Senate candidates in Iowa on Wednesday a debate would be a stretch.
WASHINGTON - The Senate's second-ranking Democrat says he'd be open to negotiating a compromise if Republicans block Democrats' efforts to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
WASHINGTON - The federal minimum wage has been below what's needed to keep a family of three out of poverty since 1980. It's also well shy of the peak of its buying power almost half a century ago.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's redistricting process is often held out as the national model for how states should handle the once-a-decade process.
WASHINGTON - You might think this year's candidates had learned from Barack Obama's comments about bitter people who "cling to guns or religion." Or perhaps from Mitt Romney's apparent dismissal of the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes.
WASHINGTON - Sixty years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that black children have the right to the same education as their white peers.