- Hogan holds firm on $68M in education funds instead of $136M Updated: May-14-15 5:26 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan held firm Thursday on setting aside $68 million for an education funding formula for parts of the state where costs are higher - half as much as Democrats pushed for in the recent legislative session.
- O'Malley hires former Obama aide as political director Updated: May-07-15 6:08 pm
- Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid city unrest Updated: May-04-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign where candidates are jockeying to be champions of the middle class and asking wealthy people for money, the problems facing the poor are inching into the debate.
- Things to Know about the city of Baltimore Updated: Apr-28-15 7:43 pm
On Tuesday, swaths of East and West Baltimore erupted in flames amid riots that followed the funeral for Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old man who died a week after suffering a critical spine injury while in police custody. In a startlingly segregated city struggling with failing schools, failing infrastructure, a failing economy and a police department under federal investigation, it seemed only a matter of time before this side of Baltimore boiled over.
- Trade deal poses dilemma for Clinton in Democratic primary Updated: Apr-28-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - On a trip to Australia in 2012, Hillary Rodham Clinton lavished praise on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, calling it the "gold standard" in efforts to create open and fair trade.
- Obama turns 2016 hopefuls into comic fodder for media dinner Updated: Apr-26-15 5:06 am
WASHINGTON - A presidential election just getting into gear provided President Barack Obama plenty of new material to work with on the night he describes as Washington celebrating itself.
- Each death in Baltimore makes mistrust harder to overcome Updated: Apr-25-15 4:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's mayor and police commissioner came in making big promises to the inner-city residents and police who spent decades staring each other down in neighborhoods ravaged by crack and heroin. But with each death of a black man in custody, their efforts to overcome mistrust have hit hard walls of skepticism and outrage.
- State Democrats talk presidential politics, state comeback Updated: Apr-24-15 10:43 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Democrats launched their annual convention weekend insistent they can return to power in this GOP-dominated state.
- Mark Warner, Lincoln Chafee to address SC Democrats Updated: Apr-24-15 4:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Virginia Sen. Mark Warner is among those scheduled to address a gathering of South Carolina Democrats this weekend.