- Shoemaker shuts down hometown Tigers, pitches Angels to win Updated: Aug-27-15 4:24 pm
- Angels spoil Verlander's no-hit bid but lose 5-0 to Tigers Updated: Aug-27-15 1:02 am
DETROIT - Chris Iannetta spared the Los Angeles Angels the indignity of a no-hitter.
- Blue Jays cap sweep of Angels with 12-5 win Updated: Aug-23-15 6:50 pm
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Angels pitcher CJ Wilson to have season-ending elbow surgery Updated: Aug-13-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Los Angeles Angels pitcher C.J. Wilson will have season-ending surgery to remove bone spurs in his ailing left elbow, and he hopes to be ready by spring training.
- Garcia lifts White Sox to 3-2 win over Angels in 13th Updated: Aug-13-15 2:53 am
CHICAGO - Avisail Garcia didn't need to hit the ball out of the park this time. He just hit it hard and far enough.
- Former Angels GM Dipoto joins Red Sox in short-term role Updated: Aug-12-15 9:11 pm
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11 Updated: Aug-09-15 9:57 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Angels weren't surprised when Baltimore manager Buck Showalter ordered intentional walks to sluggers Mike Trout and Albert Pujols with a runner at second and two out in the bottom of the 11th.
- Angels lose 6th straight, 5-3 to Dodgers in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sputtering Angels are in their worst funk of the season, and the Dodgers didn't do anything to help them out of it.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.
- Angels send C.J. Wilson to DL, make no late move at deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 9:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Bill Stoneman decided the Los Angeles Angels shouldn't give up too much of their future to improve this season's title chances down the playoff stretch.