- SDSU's Fisher, Thames earn top awards in MWC Updated: Mar-10-14 3:32 pm
- Lobos can't handle Aztecs' zone, lose 51-48 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:14 am
- No. 10 SDSU rallies to beat No. 21 Lobos 51-48 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:02 am
- No. 21 New Mexico beats Air Force 80-52 Updated: Mar-06-14 1:00 am
- No. 21 New Mexico beats Air Force 80-52 Updated: Mar-06-14 12:44 am
- Nevada loses again, 72-58 to No. 25 New Mexico Updated: Mar-02-14 10:57 pm
- Bairstow leads No. 25 New Mexico over Nevada 72-58 Updated: Mar-02-14 9:38 pm
- Bairstow key part of No. 25 New Mexico's success Updated: Feb-28-14 4:15 pm
- Neal and Kirk help New Mexico beat Utah State Updated: Feb-26-14 1:09 am
- Neal and Kirk help New Mexico beat Utah State Updated: Feb-26-14 12:47 am
- Aztecs drop to No. 13 after big loss to Lobos Updated: Feb-24-14 6:57 pm
- No. 6 San Diego State loses to New Mexico, 58-44 Updated: Feb-23-14 2:11 am
- Bairstow leads New Mexico past No. 6 San Diego St Updated: Feb-23-14 2:02 am
- Dutcher: No. 6 SDSU faces big challenge vs Lobos Updated: Feb-20-14 7:42 pm
- New Mexico wins big in Vegas, beats UNLV, 68-56 Updated: Feb-20-14 1:39 am
- Kirk, New Mexico trounces Nevada 90-72 Updated: Feb-15-14 8:24 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - San Diego State's Steve Fisher was named the Mountain West coach of the year on Monday, with Aztecs guard Xavier Thames earning player of the year honors.
SAN DIEGO - With 12:05 to go, No. 21 New Mexico was leading No. 10 San Diego State by 16 points and appeared to have all but claimed another Mountain West Conference championship.
SAN DIEGO - It took a 1-3-1 zone defense, of all things, for No. 10 San Diego State to complete a remarkable comeback against No. 21 New Mexico that clinched the outright Mountain West Conference title.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Air Force just wanted to keep it close Wednesday night against No. 21 New Mexico, then look for some late breaks. But with leading scorers Tre' Coggins, Max Yon and Marek Olesinski all struggling, the Falcons didn't have much of a chance.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - For New Mexico senior Cameron Bairstow, Wednesday night's game with Air Force was all he could have sought in the final home appearance of his career.
RENO, Nevada - Nevada coach David Carter knew it would be tough to slow down a streaking New Mexico team that combines a powerful frontline with two talented guards who make few mistakes.
RENO, Nevada - Cameron Bairstow helped New Mexico overcome the sluggish start that coach Craig Neal had feared.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Four years ago, it was difficult for the New Mexico coaching staff to really envision how Cameron Bairstow would evolve as a player.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - After three subpar games, Utah State's Preston Medlin found his shot and it was nearly enough to help the Aggies upset No. 25 New Mexico.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Getting freshman guard Cullen Neal motivated is something his dad, New Mexico coach Craig Neal, has been doing for some time.
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego State Aztecs will be smarting for some time from their big loss at New Mexico, well aware that they have one more regular-season game against the Lobos and most likely another showdown in the Mountain West Conference tournament, as well.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - San Diego State has seen some tough opponents this season, but coach Steve Fisher would stack New Mexico up against any of them.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's strategy was simple against No. 6 San Diego State: Get the ball to Cameron Bairstow.
SAN DIEGO - For whatever reason, the Mountain West Conference schedule makers decided to have the top two teams, San Diego State and New Mexico, play each other twice in the final two weeks of the regular season.
LAS VEGAS - Kendall Williams poured in 29 points as New Mexico gained a measure of revenge in Las Vegas by knocking off UNLV, 68-56 Wednesday night.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Alex Kirk scored 29 points on 11-of-17 shooting and New Mexico led by an unforgiving 24 points at the half in cruising to a 90-72 win over Nevada on Saturday.