- The movies that will keep buzzing after Cannes Updated: May-25-15 8:40 am
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival is a grand hierarchy with strictly defined elevations of movies and media access, where films are met by high praise or lowly boos. And so there was a strange fittingness that the scandal of the 68th Cannes Film Festival, where all status is measured, came down to the importance of a few inches.
- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale Updated: May-24-15 11:53 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or.
- Palme d'Or up for grabs ahead of Cannes Film Festival finale Updated: May-23-15 3:13 pm
CANNES, France - A week and a half of French Riviera frenzy comes down to, as it always does, wild conjecture.
- Emily Blunt lets her actions and characters do the talking Updated: May-21-15 10:40 am
CANNES, France - Emily Blunt didn't come to the Cannes Film Festival to talk about shoes.
- Cannes red carpet dance is a tightly controlled choreography Updated: May-20-15 10:37 am
CANNES, France - Red carpets are all the same color, but they are not alike. And none equals the prestigious red carpet of the Cannes Film Festival, a rigidly organized gauntlet of glamour, a surreal choreography of stage-managed glitz.
- Blanchett, Mara on crafting the lesbian romance of 'Carol' Updated: May-19-15 12:20 pm
CANNES, France - Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are sitting in a bright room, with the Mediterranean all around, atop the Palais des Festival, the hub of the Cannes Film Festival. As the stars of Todd Haynes' '50s lesbian romance "Carol," they've been at the very center of Cannes both because "Carol" epitomizes the positive female focus of this year's festival and because few films have been more lauded here.
- Les femmes (and les blockbusters) are all the talk at Cannes Updated: May-18-15 11:34 am
CANNES, France - This year's Cannes Film Festival is about halfway through, but one thing is already clear: This festival belongs to les femmes.
- CANNES WATCH: Rooney Mara scores floaty white fashion coup Updated: May-17-15 1:37 pm
- Cannes swoons for 'Carol,' Todd Haynes' '50s lesbian romance Updated: May-17-15 1:35 pm
CANNES, France - "Carol," Todd Haynes' 1950s lesbian romance with Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, had the Cannes Film Festival swooning after its premiere.
- Cannes kicks off with French drama, Coen brothers, ballet Updated: May-13-15 3:33 pm
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival unrolled its red carpet with a socially minded French drama as the usually glitzy festival began Wednesday on a more serious note after January's terror attacks in Paris.