- Movie will start shooting in Cincinnati Updated: Mar-04-14 7:14 am
- Diversity the big winner at the Academy Awards Updated: Mar-03-14 12:31 pm
- AP PHOTOS: What they wore at the Oscars Updated: Mar-03-14 5:49 am
- List of Oscar winners Updated: Mar-03-14 12:02 am
- Cate Blanchett wins Oscar for best actress Updated: Mar-02-14 11:50 pm
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' rolls at Spirit Awards Updated: Mar-02-14 12:59 am
- Global Green party kicks off Oscar week Updated: Feb-27-14 5:16 am
- Oscar predictions: What will win and should win Updated: Feb-26-14 1:22 pm
- Oscars rich in tales of wealthy and poor Updated: Feb-17-14 11:05 am
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
- A look at NY Fashion Week: Weird and wonderful Updated: Feb-14-14 4:34 pm
- Kors has fashionistas dreaming of California Updated: Feb-12-14 4:46 pm
- Clooney wades into UK-Greece Parthenon Marbles row Updated: Feb-11-14 1:28 pm
- Oscar nominees arrive for annual luncheon Updated: Feb-10-14 8:58 pm
CINCINNATI - Oscar winner Cate Blanchett will be in Cincinnati soon to start shooting a new movie.
LOS ANGELES - Diversity was perhaps the biggest winner at the 86th annual Academy Awards.
Academy Award winners create buzz. Then there's the buzz generated by what the winners (and others) wore.
List of winners at Sunday's 86th annual Academy Awards presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
LOS ANGELES - Cate Blanchett has won the Academy Award for best actress for her bravura performance as a fragile socialite experiencing a meltdown in Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine."
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
SANTA MONICA, California - "12 Years a Slave" rolled at the Spirit Awards, winning five awards including best feature at the annual independent film celebration.
HOLLYWOOD, California - Global Green USA kicked off Oscar week with a worthy celebration dedicated to rebuilding communities subject to environmental degradation.
A seemingly endless movie awards season finally concludes Sunday with the Academy Awards. By now, many of the front-runners have established themselves, but the night's big honor - best picture - remains a dramatic question mark.
NEW YORK - Early in "Captain Phillips," the cargo ship captain (Tom Hanks) and his wife (Catherine Keener) drive from their Vermont home to the airport where he'll take a flight to his next job, one that will bring him face-to-face with the less fortunate on the other side of the globe. Like the chatter of so many couples, their conversation turns to their general feeling of economic uncertainty.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
NEW YORK - There was a wall that oozed chocolate, a streaker on the runway, a gallery turned into a freaky fashion cathedral, an entire armory outfitted with fake puffy clouds, and so much snow - REAL snow - that even dedicated fashionistas traded in stilettos for boots. (Well, SOME fashionistas.)
NEW YORK - Michael Kors was California Dreamin' on Wednesday, displaying a fall collection inspired by the left coast, and it was hard not to think that the Mamas and the Papas, featured on the soundtrack, were absolutely right when they sang: "I'd be safe and warm if I was in LA."
LONDON - If George Clooney thought the battle over art's rightful ownership - the subject of his World War II movie "The Monuments Men" - was in the past, he knows better now.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - More than 150 Oscar nominees gathered at a Beverly Hills hotel on Monday to celebrate the joy of just being nominated.