- The movies that will keep buzzing after Cannes Updated: May-25-15 8:40 am
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival is a grand hierarchy with strictly defined elevations of movies and media access, where films are met by high praise or lowly boos. And so there was a strange fittingness that the scandal of the 68th Cannes Film Festival, where all status is measured, came down to the importance of a few inches.
- France touts Cannes prizes as vindication for film subsidies Updated: May-25-15 7:35 am
PARIS - France's president says his country's strong showing at this year's Cannes film festival is no accident - suggesting it's partly thanks to government subsidies.
- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale Updated: May-24-15 11:53 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or.
- CANNES WATCH: Going out In style Updated: May-23-15 8:38 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was going out in style this weekend, with Marion Cotillard drawing raves on both carpet and screen at the "Macbeth" premiere and the very cool entourage from the LA indie "Dope" continuing to wow the fest as anticipation grew for Sunday's Palme d'Or finale.
- Love battles revenge in Audiard's refugee drama 'Dheepan' Updated: May-23-15 10:55 am
CANNES, France - For much of its running time, Jacques Audiard's new film, "Dheepan," is a gritty and naturalistic depiction of Tamil refugees trying to build a new life in France.