- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:42 am
- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:17 am
- Astros' George Springer to make debut Updated: Apr-17-14 1:48 am
- Appel pitches Astros to 6-1 win over Veracruz Updated: Mar-30-14 7:35 pm
- Astros slam Rangers 13-6 for Alamodome sweep Updated: Mar-29-14 10:25 pm
- MLB 2014: Pitching prospects could have impact Updated: Mar-26-14 9:11 pm
- Astros look to move past 3 100-loss seasons in row Updated: Mar-25-14 3:57 pm
- Cosart, Oberholtzer to follow Feldman for Astros Updated: Mar-20-14 7:04 pm
HOUSTON - Bo Porter knows there will be some growing pains in managing the youngest team in the majors.
HOUSTON - James Shields kept the Houston Astros off-balance all night.
HOUSTON - George Springer got his first game with the Houston Astros out of the way on Wednesday night.
HOUSTON - Mark Appel, the top pick in last year's draft, pitched three scoreless innings in his first spring training start to help the Houston Astros beat Mexican League team Rojos del Aguila de Veracruz 6-1 on Sunday in their exhibition finale.
SAN ANTONIO - Jesus Guzman and George Springer hit consecutive home runs in the first inning, Jonathan Meyer had a grand slam in the fifth and a Houston Astros split squad rolled to a 13-6 victory over the Texas Rangers in the Alamodome on Saturday.
Some of the young arms have arrived, and a few more will make it to the majors this summer. Either way, there are a lot of promising pitching prospects poised to impact the playoff races in 2014.
HOUSTON - Coming off three straight 100-loss seasons, the Houston Astros are confident they'll be better this year.