- A's Kazmir leaves start with shoulder tightness Updated: May-27-15 8:14 pm
OAKLAND, California - The struggling Athletics received yet another big blow to their pitching staff when Scott Kazmir was forced out of his latest start with tightness in his left shoulder.
- Coach Ron Washington is thrilled to be back in A's uniform Updated: May-25-15 3:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - Ron Washington arrived to the ballpark at 8:30 a.m. for an afternoon game on Memorial Day, had some breakfast then headed outside to hang out with the grounds crew he knows so well. He waved to ushers and caught up with security guards.
- Odd-man in: Mets go to 6-man rotation to cut innings Updated: May-25-15 3:14 pm
NEW YORK - Mets manager Terry Collins called his starting pitchers into his office last weekend to talk numbers - as in six-man rotation.
- Gray hit by ball, leaves with bruised ankle as A's top Rays Updated: May-24-15 5:50 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Sonny Gray was sore, but he could handle it. Wins tend to have that effect.
- No immediate surgery for A's Coco Crisp Updated: May-22-15 6:41 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Oakland Athletics have ruled out immediate neck surgery for outfielder Coco Crisp.
- Keuchel solid again to help Astros over A's 6-1 Updated: May-20-15 6:42 pm
HOUSTON - After six consecutive losing seasons, the Houston Astros are off to their best start ever.
- Carter, Rasmus homer to back Hernandez as Astros beat A's Updated: May-20-15 1:20 am
HOUSTON - A combination of home runs and solid starting pitching has helped the Houston Astros get off to the best 40-game start in franchise history.
- Garcia, Ramirez each drive in 2 runs as White Sox beat A's Updated: May-17-15 8:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeff Samardzija spent the first two days of the series catching up with old friends. He spent the last day making trouble for them.
- Wade Miley duels with Sonny Gray, Boston beats A's 2-0 Updated: May-13-15 7:48 pm
OAKLAND, California - Somehow, Wade Miley pulled off escape acts all afternoon.
- Hernandez gets 2,000th strikeout, win against A's Updated: May-10-15 8:20 pm
SEATTLE - As soon as strike three was called, everyone in Safeco Field knew it was a special moment.
- Craig Counsell hired as Brewers manager after poor start Updated: May-04-15 11:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell enjoyed a solid but unspectacular major league career, hitting .255 over 16 seasons. He is confident he will have more success as a manager.
- Unusually wild Gray, Vogt HRs carry A's past Rangers 7-1 Updated: May-03-15 7:53 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Sonny Gray had a career-high seven walks against Texas when the Oakland right-hander never had more than four in an outing and came into the game with just six all season.