- Bill will open more of Gulf to energy exploration Updated: May-14-15 4:08 pm
- 1 Dem, 1 Republican headed to US House runoff in Mississippi Updated: May-13-15 5:00 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democrat Walter Zinn and Republican Trent Kelly will spend the next three weeks competing for support in a north Mississippi congressional race after emerging from a field of 13 candidates in a special election.
- Dems claim recruiting successes in bid to retake Senate Updated: May-11-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats are claiming early success in recruiting strong candidates in Republican-held states as they fight to retake the majority after last year's midterm bloodletting. But in several states the party is still searching, with the Democrat who looks like the strongest candidate holding out for now.
- 13 compete in north Mississippi congressional election Updated: May-09-15 6:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Thirteen candidates are competing in Tuesday's special congressional election in north Mississippi. With so many on the ballot, the race is expected to go to a June 2 runoff between the top two.
- Mississippi man cleared of poison-letters charges sues feds Updated: May-07-15 6:51 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An Elvis impersonator and singer in Mississippi is suing the federal government for wrongful arrest after he was charged and later cleared of sending poisoned letters to President Barack Obama.
- Mississippi highway dept. apply for I-22 designation Updated: May-06-15 10:23 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Transportation Commission has authorized the Mississippi Department of Transportation to submit an application for approval to designate U.S. Highway 78 as Interstate 22 in north Mississippi.