- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- Senators: Quicker action needed on safety rules Updated: Mar-06-14 4:57 pm
- Senate blocks Obama's pick for civil rights post Updated: Mar-05-14 5:58 pm
- Corps ups funding for Red River diversion project Updated: Mar-04-14 6:45 pm
- EPA head visits North Dakota at senator's request Updated: Feb-28-14 9:07 pm
- ND ranchers to get federal blizzard help soon Updated: Feb-14-14 3:56 pm
- Dakotas ranchers to get federal blizzard help soon Updated: Feb-14-14 1:24 pm
- BNSF to add trains, crews to address ND delays Updated: Feb-11-14 8:31 pm
- ND Sen. Heitkamp explores ag possibilities in Cuba Updated: Feb-10-14 7:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
WASHINGTON - Government regulators are taking too long to write new rail safety regulations in light of recent fiery oil train accidents and a deadly commuter train derailment, senators complained Thursday.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division was blocked by bipartisan Senate opposition Wednesday in an emotional postscript to the long-ago murder of a Philadelphia policeman and the legal help his killer received.
WASHINGTON - The Army Corps of Engineers announced plans Tuesday to fund the final $6.3 million needed to complete the planning, engineering and design phase for the Red River diversion project.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The head of the Environmental Protection Agency faced tough crowds Friday during stops in North Dakota, where coal and ethanol continue to be a big part of the oil-rich state's energy mix.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Agriculture is expediting a farm bill provision that provides relief to North Dakota ranchers devastated by an early October blizzard. The agency is responding with unusual speed after fierce lobbying and pressure from the congressional delegations in both Dakotas.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Agriculture is expediting a farm bill provision that provides relief to South Dakota ranchers devastated by an early October blizzard. The agency is responding with almost unprecedented speed after fierce lobbying and pressure from the congressional delegations in both Dakotas.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - BNSF Railway Co. has promised to add more locomotives and crews in an effort to address delays in Amtrak service and agricultural product shipping in North Dakota, the state's congressional delegation said Tuesday.
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp said Monday that last week's passage of the farm bill means she can turn her focus to expanding American agriculture trade, which she began with a weekend trip to Cuba.