- 'Trunks 'N Asses' game captures presidential delegate race Updated: Apr-29-16 10:57 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The race for delegates is playing out not just in presidential primaries but on a board game being developed by two New Hampshire men.
- Senate confirms Obama's pick to be ambassador to Mexico Updated: Apr-28-16 8:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday confirmed President Barack Obama's nominee to be U.S. ambassador to Mexico, clearing the way for the first woman to hold what is considered to be one of the country's most important diplomatic posts.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.
- Lawmaker urge more US naval operations in South China Sea Updated: Apr-27-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Members of Congress urged the Obama administration on Wednesday to order more naval operations close to disputed islands in the South China Sea. The State Department said Beijing risks conflict and isolation through its assertive behavior in those waters.
- Massachusetts GOP gears up to select delegates to convention Updated: Apr-27-16 8:48 am
BOSTON - An intense, behind-the-scenes battle is under way as Massachusetts Republicans gear up to select delegates to the National Republican Convention.
- Philly cheesecake is a test for candidates, not just a lunch Updated: Apr-25-16 1:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Five-point plans, engaging speeches and star endorsements are all important in a presidential campaign, but how well do candidates REALLY know the cities and towns where they're wooing voters?
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- Fox's Sean Hannity at center of bitter campaign competition Updated: Apr-23-16 12:54 pm
NEW YORK - Sean Hannity is getting a bruising reminder that this year's presidential campaign defies traditional political rules.
- New Hispanic public affairs show debuts in Florida Updated: Apr-23-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - A new Spanish-language public affairs show directed at Hispanics in Florida debuts Sunday.
- Underdog presidential candidates spend heavily to catch up Updated: Apr-21-16 9:31 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders continued to outpace rival Hillary Clinton in fundraising - and spending - last month, new Federal Election Commission filings show.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Apr-20-16 1:49 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Home sweet home? Trump's lone defeat in NY was in Manhattan Updated: Apr-20-16 1:27 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump celebrated his overwhelming home-state primary victory in the glitzy Manhattan skyscraper that bears his name, he strode onstage to tune of "New York, New York," and the Empire State Building even marked the moment by lighting its spire in shimmering Republican red.
- Sept. 11 families upset by White House effort to derail bill Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks say they are "greatly distressed" that the Obama administration is working to derail legislation giving them the right to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role that elements of the Saudi government may have played in the attack.
- Senators urge Obama to raise Saudi rights cases on visit Updated: Apr-19-16 10:57 am
WASHINGTON - Five senators are calling on President Barack Obama to press Saudi Arabia on human rights issues and raise the cases of two imprisoned advocates when he visits Riyadh this week.
- Carly Fiorina to headline annual Connecticut GOP dinner Updated: Apr-18-16 2:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former presidential candidate and business executive Carly Fiorina is scheduled to headline the Connecticut Republican Party's annual fundraising dinner.
- Cruz wins all 14 Wyoming Republican delegates Updated: Apr-17-16 8:18 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Painstaking organization and in-person campaigning paid off again for Ted Cruz on Saturday as he nailed down all 14 delegates up for grabs at the Republican Party convention in Wyoming. The result leaves Donald Trump facing yet another loss in a string of defeats in Western states.
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval endorsing Kasich for GOP nominee Updated: Apr-16-16 5:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is endorsing Ohio Gov. John Kasich to be the next Republican nominee for president.
- The Latest: Lt. Gov. Hampton among Kentucky's RNC delegates Updated: Apr-16-16 4:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on selection of Kentucky's delegates to the Republican National Convention (all times local):
- Florida Gov. Scott pushes out FSU trustee who defied him Updated: Apr-16-16 3:45 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A former Florida House speaker who stood up to Gov. Rick Scott is being pushed off the Florida State University board.
- Marco Rubio to speak at Bay of Pigs invasion anniversary Updated: Apr-16-16 12:09 pm
MIAMI - Sen. Marco Rubio will deliver a speech in Miami honoring the 1,500 veterans of the 55th anniversary of the failed Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba.
- Can Ohio delegation help Cleveland rock for Kasich? Updated: Apr-16-16 10:15 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio Republican delegates still think Cleveland can rock for their hosting state governor, who's counting on emerging in a contested national convention to overtake the front-runners for the presidential nomination this July.
- Latina governor's fundraising prowess on display at GOP gala Updated: Apr-15-16 2:59 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Second-term Gov. Susana Martinez is raising money through a political action committee as if she still is a contender, and lavishing more funds than ever on a Republican strategist while taking her tough-talking agenda on immigration issues and taxes to out-of-state audiences.
- Sarah Palin cancels Trump appearance in Casper Updated: Apr-15-16 9:01 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will no longer attend the Wyoming Republican State Convention this weekend.
- Trump campaign manager won't face battery charges Updated: Apr-14-16 11:11 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Donald Trump's campaign manager won't be prosecuted for battery after briefly grabbing a female reporter's arm at a campaign event, but prosecutors said Thursday the situation might have been avoided with two simple words: I'm sorry.