- Boehner: Obama should draft second version of new war powers Updated: May-19-15 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House pushed back on Tuesday against House Speaker John Boehner who said that President Barack Obama should rip up his draft of new war powers to fight Islamic State militants and send Congress a new one.
- Education Dept. sees increase in campus sex crime reporting Updated: May-05-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The number of sex offenses on college campuses reported to the Education Department has nearly doubled over a five-year period.
- Walker to speak at GOP convention, Kaine at Democrats Updated: May-05-15 11:35 am
- Rounds of SD, Hoeven of ND part of Former Governors Caucus Updated: May-02-15 9:04 am
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds will be co-chairman of a congressional group called the Former Governors Caucus that also includes North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven.
- Planned Fort Pickett security center moving forward Updated: Apr-24-15 10:31 am
BLACKSTONE, Virginia - A planned training center at Fort Pickett for U.S. diplomatic personnel assigned to high-threat areas has taken a big step forward.
- Mistaken killings by US drone show limits of spycraft Updated: Apr-23-15 4:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The accidental killing of al-Qaida hostages in Pakistan by a U.S. drone, which President Barack Obama called a regrettable mistake, illustrates the limitations of U.S. intelligence even in a region that has been closely watched for more than a decade.