- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- Senate bill targets motorcycle-only checkpoints Updated: Mar-05-14 4:30 pm
- Proposed cuts pack big impact for Wisconsin city Updated: Mar-02-14 11:32 am
- Planned cuts would hit littoral ship program Updated: Feb-24-14 6:55 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Feb-24-14 9:09 am
- Ala. governor supports teen tanning restrictions Updated: Feb-21-14 4:17 pm
- Sens. Johnson, Baldwin, due in Wis. for 2 events Updated: Feb-18-14 5:06 am
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Senators from New Hampshire, Wisconsin and West Virginia have introduced legislation to end federal funding for motorcycle-only checkpoints.
WASHINGTON - To see the impact of strategic military decisions on local communities, look no further than Marinette, Wisconsin
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Monday he is seeking cuts to a Navy combat ship program that is linked with thousands of jobs in Wisconsin.
Lansing State Journal. Feb. 17
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's physician governor plans to sign legislation to put Alabama among a growing number of states enacting restrictions on teenagers using tanning salons.
FOND DU LAC, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's two U.S. senators are expected back in the state for separate events.