- Penguins acquire forwards Goc, Stempniak Updated: Mar-05-14 7:10 pm
- Niskanen has 2 goals, Penguins beat Predators 3-1 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:00 am
- Toews powers Blackhawks to snowy win over Penguins Updated: Mar-02-14 12:42 am
- Penguins D Martin has surgery on broken right hand Updated: Feb-28-14 10:53 pm
- Crosby relieved to return with Olympic gold Updated: Feb-26-14 5:45 pm
- Blue Jackets upbeat as they return from Olympics Updated: Feb-26-14 12:48 pm
- Bylsma back with Penguins after Sochi struggles Updated: Feb-25-14 6:25 pm
- Finland routs US 5-0 for bronze in Olympic hockey Updated: Feb-22-14 3:08 pm
- US hockey finishes with a real flop Updated: Feb-22-14 2:50 pm
- Canada's 1-goal win was better than it looked Updated: Feb-21-14 4:52 pm
- Parise may be front and center in US-Canada again Updated: Feb-21-14 2:11 am
- US GM: No sight in right eye after hit by puck Updated: Feb-20-14 6:11 pm
- US tops Czechs 5-2, will face Canada in semifinals Updated: Feb-19-14 4:36 pm
- Phil Kessel scores 3 to help US rout Slovenia 5-1 Updated: Feb-16-14 3:40 pm
- Oshie's 4 shootout goals lead US past Russia 3-2 Updated: Feb-15-14 12:11 pm
- Quick in goal again as US revives Russia rivalry Updated: Feb-14-14 2:08 pm
- US crushes Slovakia 7-1 in men's Olympic hockey Updated: Feb-13-14 10:52 am
- Joe Pavelski skating under radar in Sochi for now Updated: Feb-12-14 10:18 am
- Goalie Jonathan Quick to start Sochi opener for US Updated: Feb-12-14 7:18 am
- US hockey GM Poile can't go to Sochi after injury Updated: Feb-11-14 3:03 am
- Rangers beat Penguins 4-3 in shootout Updated: Feb-07-14 11:29 pm
- US goalie Miller eager to reprise Olympic MVP role Updated: Feb-06-14 5:02 pm
- Lightning star Stamkos to miss Olympics Updated: Feb-06-14 12:35 am
- Crosby leads Penguins to 5-1 win over Sabres Updated: Feb-05-14 11:27 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins didn't go for the big splash at the trade deadline this time.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Pittsburgh Penguins needed a boost to snap a three-game skid. They got it from Tanner Glass, who blocked shot after shot after shot by Nashville Predators captain Shea Weber.
CHICAGO - The swirling snow came down in waves, dancing around the upper deck before eventually descending to the temporary ice rink in the middle of a football field.
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby's second Olympic experience was last dramatic and just as rewarding.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky says he's over the disappointment of Russia's Olympic failure in hockey. Now he's committed to getting the Columbus Blue Jackets into the playoffs.
PITTSBURGH - Coach Dan Bylsma knows that the disappointing finish of the U.S. Olympic men's hockey team in Sochi will linger.
SOCHI, Russia - Teemu Selanne led his team around the ice, with a bronze medal draped around his neck, after he finished off his sixth Olympics with a sweet victory.
SOCHI, Russia - At least they didn't break any furniture.
SOCHI, Russia - Sometimes, workmanlike is good enough.
SOCHI, Russia - Everybody wants to talk about revenge except one of the guys to whom it's supposed to matter most.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - David Poile may not see again out of his right eye after taking a puck to the face. That's not stopping the general manager of the U.S. hockey team and the Nashville Predators as he returns to work.
SOCHI, Russia - The United States' hockey team is getting exactly what it wanted. Another shot at Canada.
SOCHI, Russia - Phil Kessel is the first American in more than a decade to score a hat trick in an Olympic hockey tournament.
SOCHI, Russia - T.J. Oshie brainstormed while he skated to center ice, desperately trying to come up with one last move to end an epic shootout. He had already taken five shots at Sergei Bobrovsky, and the Russians were still even.
SOCHI, Russia - Jonathan Quick has played high-tension postseason games in several of the NHL's most intimidating arenas over the last few seasons, and he came out holding the Stanley Cup above his head.
SOCHI, Russia - With just one game to prepare for its Olympic showdown with Russia, the United States men's hockey team decided to cram an entire tournament's worth of hard work and highlights into one spectacular opener.
SOCHI, Russia - Joe Pavelski is skating under the radar for the U.S. hockey team.
SOCHI, Russia - Jonathan Quick was sitting and stretching before practice when U.S. hockey coach Dan Bylsma skated toward him. Bylsma leaned over and told him he was starting against Slovakia in the Americans' Olympic opener Thursday.
SOCHI, Russia - David Poile earned a chance to be general manager of the U.S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey.
PITTSBURGH - The Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins have been stellar at home this season and unbeatable in shootouts for two years.
BUFFALO, New York - Ryan Miller's freshly designed red, white and blue goalie mask - with Uncle Sam on one side and a soaring bald eagle on the other - has arrived. The flights have long been booked for himself, his wife and father. And Miller has already arranged for his mother and sister to take care of the family dog over the next two weeks.
TAMPA, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos will not play for Canada in the Sochi Olympics.
BUFFALO, New York - Sidney Crosby still has Ryan Miller's number after scoring a highlight-reel go-ahead goal in Pittsburgh's 5-1 victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday night.