- Turkish bombing of Kurds carries risk of instability Updated: Jul-27-15 5:26 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey's unexpected move to launch raids against Kurdish rebels at the same time it is cracking down on the Islamic State group risks ending a period of relative calm and stability for the country that has been a boon for the economy.
- In shift, Turkish jets strike Islamic State targets in Syria Updated: Jul-24-15 2:52 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - In a major tactical shift, Turkish warplanes struck Islamic State group targets across the border in Syria on Friday, a day after IS militants fired at a Turkish military outpost. A Syrian rights group said the airstrikes killed nine IS fighters.
- Turkish bombing of Islamic State marks end of tacit truce Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 pm
ISTANBUL - Last month, the first edition of the Islamic State group's Turkish-language magazine contained not a word of criticism of the Turkish government. This week, the second edition calls Istanbul occupied territory and blasts President Recep Tayyip Erdogan as a tyrant.
- Turkey allows US to use key air base to strike Islamic State Updated: Jul-24-15 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Turkey has agreed to let the U.S. military launch airstrikes against the Islamic State from a key air base near the Syrian border, senior U.S. officials said Thursday, giving a boost to the U.S.-led coalition while drawing Turkey deeper into the conflict.
- Obama condemns pair of deadly attacks in Turkey Updated: Jul-22-15 8:06 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is condemning a pair of deadly attacks this week in Turkey.
- Bombing shows Turkey a vulnerable target for Islamic State Updated: Jul-21-15 2:09 pm
ISTANBUL - Officials have raised concerns that a deadly bombing in southeastern Turkey is part of a campaign of retaliation by the Islamic State group for a recent crackdown on its operations in the country.
- As Kurds gain in Syria, Turkish govt ponders military action Updated: Jun-29-15 6:35 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - As Kurdish rebels in northern Syria rack up wins against the Islamic State group, Turkish media is abuzz with talk of a long-debated military intervention to push the Islamic militants back from the Turkish border - a move that will also outflank any Kurdish attempts to create a state along Turkey's southern frontier.