- Jamaica woman brings attention to rapes targeting lesbians Updated: Apr-28-15 11:17 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - When Angeline Jackson and a friend were ambushed at gunpoint and sexually assaulted on a wooded trail outside the Jamaican capital, police initially seemed less concerned about the attack than the fact she is a lesbian.
- In Jamaica, small amounts of pot decriminalized Updated: Apr-15-15 3:15 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Drug law amendments that partially decriminalize small amounts of pot and pave the way for a lawful medical marijuana sector went into effect Wednesday in Jamaica, a country where the drug has long been culturally entrenched.
- Would-be extremist recruit from Jamaica detained in Suriname Updated: Apr-12-15 7:22 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A Jamaican teenager has been detained in the South American country of Suriname on suspicion of being a would-be militant hoping to join Islamic extremists.
- Obama turns to diplomacy at Americas summit Updated: Apr-09-15 9:52 pm
PANAMA CITY - President Barack Obama sought to reassert U.S. influence in the Caribbean and the Americas with pledges of energy assistance and diplomatic fence mending Thursday, a mix of modest steps and high ambition for a region struggling with economic and political stresses.
- Obama: Decision near on removing Cuba from terror list Updated: Apr-09-15 1:52 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - President Barack Obama will act soon on a recommendation about whether to remove Cuba from the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism, he said Thursday as he opened a three-day trip to the Caribbean and Central America.