- Mass. Gov. Patrick meets with Japan PM Shinzo Abe Updated: Dec-11-13 4:02 pm
- Kennedy Center names 1st woman to lead arts group Updated: Dec-10-13 3:45 pm
- Kennedy Center names 1st woman to lead arts group Updated: Dec-10-13 3:01 pm
- US envoy Caroline Kennedy visits Nagasaki Updated: Dec-09-13 10:16 pm
- VP Biden opens weeklong Asia trip with Tokyo stop Updated: Dec-02-13 7:58 pm
- Japan, China in war of words over airspace Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 pm
- JFK 50th: Nation pauses to remember lost president Updated: Nov-22-13 12:44 pm
- Obama pays tribute to John F. Kennedy legacy Updated: Nov-20-13 9:26 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is discussing ways to strengthen ties between Massachusetts and Japan with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his trade mission to Asia.
WASHINGTON - The head of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra was named the next president of the Kennedy Center on Tuesday and will become the first woman to lead the performing arts center since it opened in 1971.
WASHINGTON - The head of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra was named the next president of the Kennedy Center and will become the first woman to lead the performing arts center since it opened in 1971, officials said Tuesday.
TOKYO - U.S. Ambassador Caroline Kennedy has visited the Japanese city of Nagasaki, site of the Aug. 9, 1945, American atomic bomb attack that killed 70,000 people and helped prompt Japan's surrender in World War II.
TOKYO - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has opened a weeklong trip to Asia aimed at showing the U.S. is still committed to increasing its engagement and influence in the region.
TOKYO - Japan and China are exchanging angry words over a territorial dispute, with each country summoning the other's ambassador and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calling a newly declared Chinese maritime air defense zone dangerous and unenforceable.
DALLAS - Fifty years after John F. Kennedy fell victim to an assassin's bullet while visiting Texas with his wife, people at home and abroad paused Friday to remember the 35th president of the United States. Collected here are memories of the slain president, details from the day of his death and live updates from the memorial service at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.
WASHINGTON - Honoring the legacy of John F. Kennedy, President Barack Obama laid a wreath at the assassinated president's gravesite as a nation remembers that terrible day in Dallas a half-century ago Friday. Obama also recognized a group of distinguished Americans - including Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey - with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, an award created by Kennedy.