- Gordon's suspension defies PED stereotypes Updated: May-02-16 10:01 pm
Dee Gordon's suspension was another reminder of an issue that may never totally go away: performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.
- Kershaw: 3-hitter, 14 Ks, RBI single, Dodgers top Pads 1-0 Updated: May-01-16 9:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers desperately needed a stopper to end their six-game losing streak. Up stepped Clayton Kershaw, with his arm and bat.
- Pomeranz gives up RBI single to Kershaw, Padres fan 14 times Updated: May-01-16 9:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drew Pomeranz did just fine for the San Diego Padres, giving up just three hits over seven innings.
- Dodgers end April with 6-game skid, tie for NL West lead Updated: May-01-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers ended April with a six-game losing streak, and yet still find themselves tied for the division lead despite an offense that has sputtered badly under first-year manager Dave Roberts.
- Donnie Baseball returns to LA with no hard feelings Updated: Apr-25-16 10:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Don Mattingly sat in his usual spot on the top of the dugout bench. Except he was wearing a black hat and jersey with a multi-colored 'M' on the front.
- Jake Arrieta reaching new heights, along with his Cubs team Updated: Apr-22-16 9:37 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs got together in one of their hotel rooms and threw a pizza party to celebrate Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they could do after midnight.
- Grandal's double in 10th gives Dodgers 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-21-16 5:23 pm
ATLANTA - Clayton Kershaw didn't have his best stuff. Even tried a blooper pitch.
- Stripling strong again, Dodgers rally for win over D-backs Updated: Apr-15-16 2:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers rookie Ross Stripling has pitched brilliantly in his first two big league starts - and gotten two no-decisions for it.
- De La Rosa's strong day lifts Rockies over Giants Updated: Apr-14-16 7:59 pm
DENVER - Jorge De La Rosa was asked about his hitting, but all he wanted to talk about was his pitching.
- Maeda homers in Dodgers' win; Padres set mark for futility Updated: Apr-07-16 1:29 am
SAN DIEGO - So much joy and so much agony in one game.
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.
- AP Newsbreak: MLB average salary $4.4M after 4.4 pct rise Updated: Apr-03-16 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball's average salary rose 4.4 percent to $4.38 million on opening day, according to a study of contract terms by The Associated Press, and the Los Angeles Dodgers topped spending for the third straight season.