- Jury silent after sentencing Boston marathon bomber to death Updated: May-20-15 2:29 pm
BOSTON - The jurors in the trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are lying low after months of being center stage in one of the most closely watched terror trials in the post-9/11 era.
- Collection of editorials from Arkansas newspapers Updated: May-19-15 2:54 pm
A collection of recent editorials by Arkansas newspapers:
- Colorado shooting judge asks jurors about Boston coverage Updated: May-18-15 6:04 pm
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - Jurors in the Colorado theater shooting trial have told the judge their verdict won't be influenced by the death sentence in the Boston Marathon bombing.
- The Latest on Boston Marathon trial: 'The jury has spoken' Updated: May-15-15 5:31 pm
- Cop almost killed in Boston Marathon shootout returns to job Updated: May-15-15 1:44 pm
BOSTON - The transit police officer almost killed during a shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers has returned to work - with a promotion.
- What's next in the trial of the Boston Marathon bomber Updated: May-08-15 12:11 pm
BOSTON - The trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is winding down after months of testimony about the deadly 2013 attack. Jurors have seen gruesome autopsy photos of the three people killed in the bombings and heard tearful stories from survivors. They've also listened to teachers and family members describe Tsarnaev as a kind, caring child who grew up in a dysfunctional family. Soon, the jury will begin deliberating his punishment: life in prison or the death penalty. Here's what's next in the trial:
- Pope stokes flames ahead of US trip even as he ends problems Updated: May-01-15 8:05 am
VATICAN CITY - When Pope Francis visits the United States this fall, he can expect the same rock-star adulation that greets him wherever he goes. But his positions on hot-button issues such as the death penalty and climate change could quickly set the stage for conflict. That may explain why Francis has been clearing the decks on a host of less high-profile matters of contention that could also have marred the visit.
- Marathon bomber trial casts focus on Boston Muslims Updated: Apr-25-15 3:56 pm
BOSTON - Boston's Muslim community has been once again thrust into the spotlight as the death penalty trial of convicted marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev nears its conclusion amid rising concerns of terrorist recruitment in America.