- Keystone XL pipeline part of larger Senate fight Updated: Apr-24-14 5:29 pm
- Candidates similar on issues in NC Senate debate Updated: Apr-23-14 10:40 pm
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin for Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 4:34 pm
- Republicans in NC's Senate race trade few hits Updated: Apr-22-14 10:56 pm
- 4 NC GOP Senate hopefuls meet on stage for debate Updated: Apr-22-14 4:04 am
- Hagan contrasts persona, GOP in NC Senate campaign Updated: Apr-19-14 11:07 am
- Delay won't quell 2014 wrangling over Keystone XL Updated: Apr-19-14 3:46 am
- President defending health law good for some Dems Updated: Apr-17-14 4:57 pm
- Democrats' ad attacks NC House speaker's payments Updated: Apr-16-14 1:16 pm
- NC Libertarians hold unusual primary for US Senate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:53 am
- 2 Democrats challenge favored Hagan in NC primary Updated: Apr-12-14 10:53 am
- Nurse, ex-mayor, Canadian also run for NC Senate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:52 am
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- Big outside groups overshadow parties in key races Updated: Apr-08-14 2:16 pm
- NC Senate hopefuls announce 1st quarter totals Updated: Apr-07-14 8:08 pm
- Tillis gets anti-abortion group backing in NC Updated: Apr-07-14 7:19 pm
- NC Libertarian convention meeting this weekend Updated: Apr-04-14 4:07 am
- Health care sign-ups surge - will they save Dems? Updated: Apr-01-14 7:42 pm
- Brannon again sets goal, this time for US Senate Updated: Mar-29-14 5:24 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Alison Grimes is the latest Democratic Senate candidate to call for building the Keystone XL oil pipeline. But the move hasn't cost her support among some environmentalists as she tries to win the seat now held by Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The four leading candidates in North Carolina's Republican U.S. Senate primary differed little from each other on issues important to the conservative base Wednesday night during their second televised debate in as many days.
WASHINGTON - The fight for the Senate majority boils down to boogeyman billionaires against the shifty septuagenarian - if party operatives' spin is to be believed.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The candidate in North Carolina's Republican Senate primary with backing from the party's Washington establishment came under little direct criticism Tuesday night as his top rivals had their first real chance to challenge him face to face.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - Four of the eight Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate in North Carolina are meeting on the same stage for a live debate two weeks before the May 6 primary.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Kay Hagan's self-identification as a middle-of-the-road U.S. senator who fights for the middle class, among other groups, and responds effectively to constituent requests may sound trite coming from any politician's mouth seeking re-election.
WASHINGTON - Democrats sweating this year's elections may be hoping that the Obama administration's latest delay to the proposed Keystone XL pipeline takes a politically fraught issue off the table for the midterms.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's full-throated defense of his health care overhaul seems perfectly timed for Democrats who want their party to embrace the law more enthusiastically.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A political committee supporting Democratic control of the U.S. Senate began running a TV commercial in North Carolina on Wednesday seeking to remind viewers about personnel issues that embarrassed the office of Republican Thom Tillis, speaker of the state House.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Libertarians are in the unusual position of getting to pick from two of their own in the May primary for the U.S. Senate race.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - While many Republicans want to vote U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan out of office in November, other voters get the chance to affirm her as the Democratic Party's nominee with their votes in May.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Heather Grant got in the U.S. Senate race following a brief military nursing career when she wasn't persuaded to support other early candidates.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
WASHINGTON - Millionaires and billionaires are increasing their influence in federal elections, leaving political parties to play more limited roles, and raising questions about who sets the agenda in campaigns.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Leading North Carolina U.S. Senate candidates are announcing their fundraising totals so far this year before they're required to tell election regulators next week.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - House Speaker Thom Tillis has received the endorsement of an influential national anti-abortion group in the race for U.S. Senate in North Carolina.
DURHAM, North Carolina - North Carolina's Libertarian Party will have an unusual gathering this weekend because it will host a forum for its primary candidates for U.S. Senate.
WASHINGTON - Mocking his critics, President Barack Obama boasted Tuesday that 7.1 million people have signed up for his health care law, an unexpected comeback after a disastrous rollout sent his poll numbers plummeting and stirred fears among Democrats facing re-election this fall.
BURLINGTON, North Carolina - Greg Brannon is approaching his goal of becoming a U.S. senator much the way he did his goal of becoming a doctor - he reads and reads.