- Congressmen hear from NC opponents of health law Updated: Nov-22-13 2:59 pm
- Senate paralyzed on what to do about Guantanamo Updated: Nov-19-13 7:30 pm
- Rove to raise money for Tillis in NC this week Updated: Nov-19-13 4:04 am
- GOP sees health care law as big 2014 opportunity Updated: Nov-16-13 3:34 am
- Hagan raises money with VP as GOP criticism rises Updated: Nov-15-13 6:17 pm
- Obama move on canceled plans may touch 475K in NC Updated: Nov-14-13 4:46 pm
- Radio host Flynn to run for US Senate in NC Updated: Nov-11-13 2:37 pm
- NC lawmakers want tobacco program protected Updated: Nov-11-13 12:50 pm
- Health law's troubles give GOP a much-needed boost Updated: Nov-10-13 8:04 am
- NC Senate hopeful is sorry web material was copied Updated: Nov-08-13 11:40 am
- Obama meets with Senate Dems on health care Updated: Nov-06-13 9:16 pm
GASTONIA, North Carolina - Opponents of the federal health care overhaul testified here Friday before congressional Republicans, a hearing that the law's supporters called a political stunt.
WASHINGTON - Senators on Tuesday illustrated their paralysis over what to do with the Guantanamo Bay prison, voting down dueling bills to loosen and tighten restrictions on transferring detainees.
WASHINGTON - In his West Virginia district, the TV ads attacking Democratic Rep. Nick Rahall over the calamitous startup of President Barack Obama's health care law have already begun.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan wrapped up a difficult week in which she took heat for both defending and criticizing the health care overhaul by returning to North Carolina to get fundraising help Friday from Vice President Joe Biden.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Some of the more than 473,000 North Carolina residents whose health insurance policies were canceled by their companies for not meeting new federal coverage standards may get to keep their current policies under a change President Barack Obama announced Thursday.
KERNERSVILLE, North Carolina - Add another Republican candidate to the list of those who want to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan a year from now.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Members of the state's congressional delegation want the federal tobacco program protected from expected budget cuts.
WASHINGTON - The health care law's seemingly endless problems are giving congressional Republicans a much-needed boost of energy, helping them to move past the government-shutdown debacle and focus on a theme for next year's elections.
CARY, North Carolina - North Carolina U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon says he's sorry his website contains material that appears copied from Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul's former campaign website. But he added he agrees with every word.
WASHINGTON - Senators from President Barack Obama's own party pressed him in person on Wednesday to extend the enrollment deadline for Americans to sign up for health insurance because of the malfunctioning website.