- President defending health law good for some Dems Updated: Apr-17-14 4:57 pm
- NC Sen. Hagan runs 1st ad, goes after Tillis Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 pm
- Democrats' ad attacks NC House speaker's payments Updated: Apr-16-14 1:16 pm
- NC Libertarians hold unusual primary for US Senate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:53 am
- 2 Democrats challenge favored Hagan in NC primary Updated: Apr-12-14 10:53 am
- Nurse, ex-mayor, Canadian also run for NC Senate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:52 am
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- US Chamber of Commerce backs Tillis in NC race Updated: Apr-10-14 5:15 pm
- Big outside groups overshadow parties in key races Updated: Apr-08-14 2:16 pm
- NC Senate hopefuls announce 1st quarter totals Updated: Apr-07-14 8:08 pm
- Tillis gets anti-abortion group backing in NC Updated: Apr-07-14 7:19 pm
- NC Libertarian convention meeting this weekend Updated: Apr-04-14 4:07 am
- Health care sign-ups surge - will they save Dems? Updated: Apr-01-14 7:42 pm
- Brannon again sets goal, this time for US Senate Updated: Mar-29-14 5:24 pm
- Harris needs Christian right for GOP NC Senate win Updated: Mar-22-14 12:32 pm
- Huckabee headlines Harris NC Senate fundraiser Updated: Mar-22-14 4:06 am
- Senators seek cancer study of Lejeune water Updated: Mar-19-14 7:36 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's full-throated defense of his health care overhaul seems perfectly timed for Democrats who want their party to embrace the law more enthusiastically.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In a foretaste of a potential general election matchup, Democratic U.S. Senate Kay Hagan and Republican rival Thom Tillis released dueling ads Thursday about the health care law and a messy personnel matter in the office of Tillis, the state House speaker.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A political committee supporting Democratic control of the U.S. Senate began running a TV commercial in North Carolina on Wednesday seeking to remind viewers about personnel issues that embarrassed the office of Republican Thom Tillis, speaker of the state House.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Libertarians are in the unusual position of getting to pick from two of their own in the May primary for the U.S. Senate race.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - While many Republicans want to vote U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan out of office in November, other voters get the chance to affirm her as the Democratic Party's nominee with their votes in May.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Heather Grant got in the U.S. Senate race following a brief military nursing career when she wasn't persuaded to support other early candidates.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
WASHINGTON - Establishment-minded Republicans and social conservatives alike seem to have settled on a favorite candidate to face Sen. Kay Hagan, the North Carolina Democrat who is among the most vulnerable incumbents seeking re-election.
WASHINGTON - Millionaires and billionaires are increasing their influence in federal elections, leaving political parties to play more limited roles, and raising questions about who sets the agenda in campaigns.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Leading North Carolina U.S. Senate candidates are announcing their fundraising totals so far this year before they're required to tell election regulators next week.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - House Speaker Thom Tillis has received the endorsement of an influential national anti-abortion group in the race for U.S. Senate in North Carolina.
DURHAM, North Carolina - North Carolina's Libertarian Party will have an unusual gathering this weekend because it will host a forum for its primary candidates for U.S. Senate.
WASHINGTON - Mocking his critics, President Barack Obama boasted Tuesday that 7.1 million people have signed up for his health care law, an unexpected comeback after a disastrous rollout sent his poll numbers plummeting and stirred fears among Democrats facing re-election this fall.
BURLINGTON, North Carolina - Greg Brannon is approaching his goal of becoming a U.S. senator much the way he did his goal of becoming a doctor - he reads and reads.
ROBBINS, North Carolina - The Rev. Mark Harris says he's the only one in the U.S. Senate Republican primary field that can unite the three streams of the GOP in North Carolina and ultimately put Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan on the political ropes heading to November.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Another Baptist minister-turned-politician is helping the Rev. Mark Harris raise money for his U.S. Senate campaign in North Carolina.
CAMP LEJEUNE, North Carolina - North Carolina's two U.S. senators say a federal health agency should conduct a cancer incidence study for the groundwater contamination at Camp Lejeune (luh-JERN').