- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-30-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - UEFA told the Spanish league on Tuesday to stop challenging the decision to move the dates of the World Cup in 2022 to November-December.
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending Updated: Jun-29-15 4:14 pm
PRAGUE - European football is lifting some of the restrictions on club spending in an attempt to make more teams competitive and ensure clubs are more attractive for new investors.
- Blatter: 'Liberating' to leave FIFA, expects 2016 election Updated: Jun-27-15 9:18 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter says his decision to leave FIFA was "liberating" and he expects the election to replace him will be in early 2016.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- How to fix FIFA: Experts say agency needs outside reformer Updated: Jun-13-15 9:24 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Sepp Blatter thinks FIFA can reform itself. Anti-corruption experts say an institution in that much trouble won't be able to clean itself up without an outsider.
- Former Brazil star Zico wants to run for FIFA president Updated: Jun-10-15 9:09 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former Brazil star Zico wants to run for the presidency of FIFA, even though he believes the odds are stacked against him being elected.
- Platini declines to say if he will seek FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-10-15 6:27 am
PARIS - Michel Platini declined to divulge his intentions for the FIFA presidency.
- French prime minister under fire for jet trip to soccer game Updated: Jun-09-15 11:15 am
PARIS - French Prime Minister Manuel Valls is defending himself against accusations from within his party that he's leading a jet-setting lifestyle inappropriate for a Socialist.
- Champions League highlights importance of Europe to FIFA Updated: Jun-07-15 2:18 pm
BERLIN - As the powerbrokers of European soccer celebrated their championship weekend and some jokingly congratulated themselves for staying out of jail, many said that the next FIFA president needs to do a better job of listening to the continent that pays most of the bills.
- The Latest: Barcelona 45 minutes away from CL glory Updated: Jun-06-15 3:51 pm
BERLIN - The Latest from the Champions League final:
- Juventus comeback complete after fixing downfall Updated: Jun-05-15 12:44 pm
BERLIN - Less than 10 years ago, Juventus was battling for survival in the second division, tainted by an Italian football scandal. The comeback has been spectacular and could be crowned by the biggest prize in club competitions when Juve tackles Barcelona in the Champions League final on Saturday.
- FIFA corruption: Could Russia, Qatar lose their World Cups? Updated: Jun-05-15 8:55 am
If there is enough evidence of wrongdoing, FIFA has the power to strip the World Cup from both Russia and Qatar.