- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- FIFA President Blatter says he was near death in hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 7:07 am
ZURICH - Without specifying his illness, Sepp Blatter said in excerpts from a television interview that he was near death when hospitalized for stress-related problems this month.
- Platini appeals to CAS against suspension by FIFA Updated: Nov-20-15 6:15 am
PARIS - Suspended UEFA president Michel Platini has lodged an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against his 90-day ban.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- 3 FIFA candidates to meet with European voters in Denmark Updated: Nov-17-15 9:55 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - FIFA presidential candidates will seek support from six European voters in Copenhagen next week.
- Euro 2016 chief pledges to protect fans after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-15-15 12:29 pm
PARIS - Nervous fans planning to attend next year's European soccer championship in 10 cities across France got a guarantee Sunday from the president of the organizing committee that security will come above everything.
- FIFA VP Villar warned, fined $25K in World Cup bid case Updated: Nov-13-15 6:56 am
GENEVA - FIFA vice president Angel Maria Villar was warned and fined 25,000 Swiss francs ($25,000) Friday for misconduct during the 2018-2022 World Cup bid investigation.
- AP Interview: FIFA hopeful Infantino plans 40-team World Cup Updated: Nov-10-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - The World Cup could be expanded by eight teams to 40 if Gianni Infantino is elected FIFA president.
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- Lawyer: Blatter in hospital for checkup but is 'fine' Updated: Nov-06-15 1:51 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter was in the hospital for a medical checkup Friday, his lawyer said, adding that the suspended FIFA president "expects to be home shortly."
- FIFA hopeful Ali takes diplomatic path to presidential goal Updated: Nov-05-15 6:00 pm
GENEVA - In a FIFA election now more open than expected, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein has changed his strategy since Michel Platini was caught up in a corruption scandal.