- Cameron: I'll get tough in EU talks, make 'Greater Britain' Updated: Oct-07-15 10:07 am
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron vowed Wednesday to get tough in European Union negotiations, crack down on extremism, make Britain a more equal country - and then resign.
- Former UK Treasury secretary Denis Healey dies at 98 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:00 pm
LONDON - Decorated World War II military hero and former British Treasury chief Denis Healey has died after a long career in British politics. He was 98.
- Britain seeks NFL franchise in London within 5 years Updated: Oct-02-15 9:32 am
LONDON - Britain's treasury chief pushed his case Friday for placing a permanent NFL franchise in London, saying he hoped the league would move a team to the capital within the next five years.
- October dates set for Chinese president's state visit to UK Updated: Sep-28-15 8:02 am
LONDON - Buckingham Palace officials say the president of China and his wife will make a state visit to Britain from Oct. 20 to Oct. 23.
- Britain to guarantee Chinese investment in new nuclear plant Updated: Sep-21-15 7:27 am
LONDON - The British government said Monday it will underwrite 2 billion pounds ($3.1 billion) in Chinese financing for a new nuclear power plant in southwest England, as it encourages major Chinese investment in the U.K. nuclear sector.