- Obama: Tough choices nearing in Mideast talks Updated: Mar-03-14 4:10 pm
- US: Syria leads human rights violations in 2013 Updated: Feb-27-14 4:24 pm
- Saving dying lake is priority for Iranian leader Updated: Feb-19-14 3:50 pm
- Iran's Rouhani calls for 'constructive' nuke talks Updated: Feb-11-14 3:25 pm
- Iran's Rouhani donates $170,000 to Jewish hospital Updated: Feb-06-14 2:27 pm
- Iran's president regrets food ration problems Updated: Feb-06-14 1:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Seeking to salvage an elusive Middle East peace plan, President Barack Obama pressed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday to make the "tough decisions" needed to move forward on talks with the Palestinians.
WASHINGTON - A chemical weapons attack in Syria last summer that the U.S. says killed more than 1,400 people was the world's worst human rights violation of 2013, the Obama administration concluded Thursday.
OROUMIEH, Iran - The first cabinet decision made under Iran's new president, Hassan Rouhani, wasn't about how to resolve his country's nuclear dispute with world powers. It was about how to keep the nation's largest lake from disappearing.
TEHRAN, Iran - President Hassan Rouhani called Tuesday for "fair and constructive" nuclear talks with world powers as Iran marked the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution with massive rallies that featured a new American target for their traditional "death to" slogans.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has donated $170,000 to the country's only Jewish hospital, his second such gesture since taking office.
TEHRAN, Iran - In a rare expression of regret by an Iranian official, President Hassan Rouhani has said that he is sorry for any troubles with the distribution of a food ration to the poor, following reports that three people have died waiting for the goods in subzero weather.