- Lawyer: Ex-Marine gets 10-year sentence in Iran Updated: Apr-12-14 3:46 pm
- Iran rejects naming new UN envoy after US refusal Updated: Apr-12-14 1:37 pm
- Iran: '50 to 60 percent agreement' on nuke deal Updated: Apr-09-14 3:37 pm
- Militant group frees abducted Iran border guards Updated: Apr-04-14 5:07 am
- Iran leader: Improved economy can fight sanctions Updated: Mar-21-14 7:44 am
- Iran takes legal action against opposition leaders Updated: Mar-18-14 12:16 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian appeals court has overturned a death sentence of a former U.S. Marine convicted of working for the CIA, instead sentencing him to 10 years in prison, his lawyer said Saturday.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran rejected naming a new diplomat Saturday to represent it at the United Nations, with one lawmaker urging the Islamic Republic to stand up to "bullying" from the U.S., which has rejected granting its pick a visa.
VIENNA - Iran's foreign minister said Wednesday his country and six world powers are in "50 to 60 percent agreement" on the shape of a deal meant to crimp any potential Iranian attempt to build nuclear arms in exchange for an end to crippling economic sanctions.
TEHRAN, Iran - A semi-official Iranian news agency is reporting that an al-Qaida-affiliated militant group operating in a lawless frontier area along the Pakistan-Iran border has released Iranian border guards abducted two months ago.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's top leader said Friday that his nation can best counter Western sanctions by strengthening its economy and rallied Iranians to exert "extraordinary efforts" to take their country forward.
TEHRAN, Iran - A top member of Iran's judiciary said Tuesday it is taking unspecified legal action against two opposition leaders held under house arrest without charge since 2011 - a possible tentative step toward meeting their supporters' demands that they be given a fair trial to resolve their status.