- Iran's top leader: No nuclear deal unless sanctions lifted Updated: Sep-03-15 4:01 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's supreme leader said Thursday "there will be no deal" if world powers insist on suspending rather than lifting sanctions as part of a landmark nuclear agreement, and said it is up to Iran's parliament, and not him, to approve or reject it.
- Iran Parliament speaker expects heated debate on nuke deal Updated: Sep-03-15 3:48 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Iran's Parliament speaker said Thursday he expects a heated debate among Iranian lawmakers before they vote on the nuclear deal between his country and six world powers in about a month.
- Iran's Parliament speaker says he supports nuclear deal Updated: Aug-31-15 4:50 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Iran's Parliament speaker said Monday that he supports the historic nuclear deal with world powers aimed at reining in Tehran's efforts to build a bomb.
- Palestinians, Vatican could raise UN flags before pope visit Updated: Aug-25-15 7:10 pm
UNITED NATIONS - In a move likely to upset Israel's government, the Palestinians and the Vatican are seeking to raise their flags at U.N. headquarters - just in time for Pope Francis' visit next month.
- Britain says Iran too powerful to leave in isolation Updated: Aug-24-15 11:37 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Britain's foreign minister said Monday that Iran is a major regional player that can be an ally in fighting terrorism - but that London must "tread carefully" in its relationship with Tehran.
- In Obama stronghold of Massachusetts, some unsure on Iran Updated: Aug-11-15 1:58 am
BOSTON - With just over a month before the deadline for Congress to act on an international nuclear deal with Iran, more than half of Massachusetts' all-Democratic delegation is still on the fence, according to a poll of the state's 11 members of Congress by The Associated Press.