- Huskies again star in the underdog role Updated: Apr-08-14 2:24 pm
- Ollie wins it all with UConn Updated: Apr-08-14 1:14 am
- Kentucky brings up memories of Fab Five Updated: Apr-06-14 8:26 pm
- Arizona, Wisconsin advance to NCAA West final Updated: Mar-28-14 3:19 am
- Arizona holds off San Diego State 70-64 in NCAAs Updated: Mar-28-14 2:18 am
- X-factor: Thames' clutch play has SDSU in Sweet 16 Updated: Mar-25-14 6:17 pm
- SDSU painfully familiar with Sweet 16 foe Arizona Updated: Mar-24-14 9:41 pm
- Aggies AD says NCAA apologizes for travel issues Updated: Mar-24-14 8:38 pm
- Xavier Thames' 30 leads Aztecs past Bison 63-44 Updated: Mar-22-14 10:06 pm
- Xavier Thames' 30 leads Aztecs past Bison 63-44 Updated: Mar-22-14 9:48 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Connecticut Huskies lost their coach, their teammates, their chance to play at the NCAA tournament for a year. They were castoffs, unwanted mutts without a home, told they had no chance.
ARLINGTON, Texas - It's not that Kevin Ollie looked uncomfortable sitting on a stool in front of the Connecticut bench. It's just that he looked a lot more comfortable in a defensive stance exhorting the Huskies in the national championship game.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Fab Five came onto the national basketball landscape like a thunder dunk. You had to notice the five baggy-shorts-wearing freshmen starters from Michigan who made their way to the national championship game.
ANAHEIM, California - Nick Johnson couldn't make a shot for the first 37 minutes of Arizona's nail-biting West Regional semifinal against San Diego State.
ANAHEIM, California - San Diego State did just about everything right against Arizona.
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State's journey to just its second Sweet 16 appearance began the day point guard Xavier Thames traded the wheat fields of eastern Washington for the beaches of Southern California.
SAN DIEGO - Steve Fisher's San Diego State Aztecs are painfully familiar with their opponent in the Sweet 16, the top-seeded Arizona Wildcats.
SAN DIEGO - The NCAA apologized to New Mexico State and said it will evaluate its travel policy after the Aggies had to fly home in the middle of the night following their second-round tournament loss and were met by only one bus at the airport.
SPOKANE, Washington - All week it was about enjoying the setting for North Dakota State coach Saul Phillips. Along with cracking a few one-liners.
SPOKANE, Washington - Xavier Thames sent San Diego State home. As in back to the sunshine of California and a spot in the Sweet 16 for the second time in school history