- Indiana GOP leaders ready to scrap Common Core Updated: Dec-01-13 6:05 pm
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Nov-26-13 12:10 pm
- Same-sex marriage battle could focus on language Updated: Nov-19-13 6:51 pm
- Marriage, education fights may crowd 2014 session Updated: Nov-18-13 6:10 pm
- US Senator's son remembered as dedicated pilot Updated: Nov-12-13 6:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Republican leaders of the General Assembly want Indiana to scrap the Common Core education standards and have the state adopt its own guidelines to prepare students for college and careers, a report Sunday said.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Times, Munster. Nov. 26, 2013.
INDIANAPOLIS - The success of a sparsely-worded constitutional amendment that would ban gay marriage could hinge on whether lawmakers remove a key sentence expanding its reach, House and Senate Republican leaders said Tuesday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's legislative leaders are holding their cards tight as they prepare for a battle over amending the state constitution to ban gay marriage.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The son of U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe who was killed in a plane crash was being remembered Tuesday as a compassionate surgeon who loved to fly.