- Indiana Senate's Republican leader faces primary challenger Updated: Feb-04-16 4:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Fort Wayne educator emerged Thursday as a GOP primary challenger to the Indiana Senate's top Republican, who has faced heavy criticism from religious conservatives for championing a bill that would have extended civil rights protections to lesbians, gays and bisexuals.
- Top House Democrat vows gay rights debate will continue Updated: Feb-04-16 4:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana House's top Democrat said Thursday that the gay rights debate in the Legislature isn't over, even though the Republican-dominated Senate abandoned an anti-discrimination measure this week.
- Ohio St., Michigan classes show most star power in Big Ten Updated: Feb-03-16 6:52 pm
The competition between Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh never ends.
- The Latest: Chamber head says gay-rights failure hurts state Updated: Feb-02-16 5:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the decision of Indiana Republican lawmakers to abandon efforts this year to extend anti-discrimination laws to include sexual orientation (all times local):
- Pence backing religious freedom in LGBT rights debate Updated: Jan-12-16 9:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Tuesday he would prioritize religious freedom in the debate over civil rights protections for gay and transgender people, showing no retreat from his stance during last spring's national uproar over the state's religious objections law.
- Bill aims to replace Indiana's religious objections law Updated: Jan-09-16 10:54 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers will consider a proposal that would throw out the state's contentious religious objections law and replace it with a statute its sponsor says aims to protect six fundamental rights.