- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 2:36 pm
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 9:20 am
- Bayern beats United 3-1 to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:26 pm
- 5 Japan players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:17 am
- Honda, Kagawa will need to step up for Japan Updated: Apr-09-14 5:13 am
- Bayern Munich has trouble against English clubs Updated: Apr-08-14 1:06 pm
- Man United routs Newcastle 4-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-05-14 4:15 pm
- Rooney doubtful for Bayern game with toe injury Updated: Apr-04-14 5:57 pm
- Bayern held 1-1 by Man United in Champions League Updated: Apr-01-14 6:37 pm
- Guardiola proves a safer pair of hands than Moyes Updated: Mar-31-14 2:00 pm
- Rooney double powers United to 4-1 win over Villa Updated: Mar-29-14 12:48 pm
- Anti-Moyes banner to fly over Old Trafford Updated: Mar-28-14 2:18 pm
- Man United greats team up to buy non-league club Updated: Mar-27-14 3:29 pm
- Column: Rebuilding United make or break for Moyes Updated: Mar-26-14 2:03 pm
- Dzeko double helps City to 3-0 win over United Updated: Mar-25-14 7:53 pm
- Rooney double gives Man United 2-0 win at West Ham Updated: Mar-22-14 5:36 pm
- Van Persie out for 4-6 weeks with sprained knee Updated: Mar-21-14 2:33 pm
- United beats Olympiakos, through in Champs League Updated: Mar-19-14 8:01 pm
- Chelsea defeats Galatasaray to reach CL quarters Updated: Mar-18-14 6:57 pm
- David Moyes: My job is safe at Manchester United Updated: Mar-18-14 11:45 am
- Liverpool crushes Man United 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Mar-16-14 2:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has just about faded into European soccer irrelevance.
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester United waved goodbye to the Champions League for almost certainly 18 months at least, the reality is dawning on England's biggest club of the last 20 years that it has now sunk to second-tier status in European football.
MUNICH - Bayern Munich needed a bit of a wake-up call against a surprisingly resilient Manchester United team. Once it came, there was no stopping the defending champions from reaching a third straight Champions League semifinal.
TOKYO - Keisuke Honda senses a growing confidence within the Japan team, and expects it will translate into results at the World Cup.
MUNICH - Champions League title holder Bayern Munich has not won a match since lifting the Bundesliga title with seven games to spare. That run includes the 1-1 draw at Manchester United in the first quarterfinal leg and Bayern's first Bundesliga defeat this season, a 1-0 loss at Augsburg.
NEWCASTLE, England - Juan Mata inspired Manchester United to a 4-0 victory at Newcastle on Saturday, securing a 10th away win in the Premier League that belies the champions' poor home form.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been ruled out of Saturday's Premier League game against Newcastle with a toe injury, and is doubtful for the Champions League return leg against Bayern Munich next week.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United confounded grim pre-game predictions by drawing 1-1 with Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday, with Bastian Schweinsteiger equalizing for the holders before being sent off.
MANCHESTER, England - As David Moyes lurches from one setback to another in his troubled first season at Old Trafford, Manchester United's hierarchy may well be casting envious glances at Bayern Munich to discover just how smooth managerial transition can be.
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney scored twice as Manchester United came from behind to beat Aston Villa 4-1 in the Premier League on Saturday as fans came out in support of struggling manager David Moyes at Old Trafford.
MANCHESTER, England - A plane carrying a banner calling for Manchester United manager David Moyes' departure is set to fly over Old Trafford at the start of Saturday's Premier League match against Aston Villa.
When David Moyes strode into Old Trafford for the first time as Manchester United's new manager, with its long red tunnel leading to the pitch where so much sporting history has been made, he knew the job of replacing Alex Ferguson would be, as he now says, "tough." Few imagined it would be this tough.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City rammed home its superiority over beleaguered rival Manchester United in a comprehensive 3-0 win at Old Trafford on Tuesday, cutting its deficit to Premier League leader Chelsea to three points.
LONDON - With David Beckham watching in the stands, Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney replicated one of the retired star's most memorable strikes in a 2-0 victory at West Ham on Saturday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Robin van Persie will miss up to six weeks with a left knee injury, ruling the Netherlands striker out of both legs of a Champions League quarterfinal against Bayern Munich and potentially six Premier League games.
MANCHESTER, England - Robin van Persie ushered Manchester United into the Champions League quarterfinals - and potentially saved his manager's job - with a hat trick in a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos that completed one of the competition's greatest comebacks on Wednesday.
LONDON - Samuel Eto'o and Gary Cahill scored first half goals as Chelsea turned in a dominant performance to beat Galatasaray 2-0 on Tuesday and reach the Champions League quarterfinals with a 3-1 victory on aggregate.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager David Moyes dismissed suggestions his job is under threat, saying he has the full backing of the club's hierarchy.
MANCHESTER, England - Liverpool underlined its new-found superiority over Manchester United with a humbling 3-0 victory over its great rival on Sunday, virtually ending the beleaguered champions' chances of qualifying for the Champions League.