- Wendy Davis joins PUC bashing over market vote Updated: Dec-05-13 7:09 pm
- Tax returns: Democrat Davis made $284K in 2012 Updated: Dec-04-13 7:33 pm
- Wealthy Democrat challenging Cornyn for US Senate Updated: Dec-04-13 2:13 pm
- Health care website OK, cases can be complicated Updated: Dec-03-13 7:19 pm
- AG Abbott shifts gubernatorial run to education Updated: Dec-03-13 6:46 pm
- Branstad holds political fundraiser in Texas Updated: Dec-03-13 11:44 am
- Kansas GOP announces speakers for annual gathering Updated: Dec-03-13 5:05 am
- Texas Gov. Perry returns to early primary state Updated: Dec-03-13 4:06 am
- Cognizant planning to add 10,000 jobs over 3 years Updated: Dec-02-13 2:05 pm
- APNewsBreak: Texas charter-school donations rising Updated: Dec-01-13 10:35 am
- GOP rules Texas, but talking like they're on ropes Updated: Nov-30-13 12:12 pm
- Rick Perry to speak at Virginia GOP retreat Updated: Nov-26-13 3:05 am
- Texas Democrats offering stark contrast Updated: Nov-24-13 11:13 am
- Why would GOP want Christie as presidential candidate? Updated: Nov-20-13 12:48 pm
- Supreme Court lets Texas abortion law stay for now Updated: Nov-20-13 1:40 am
- Supreme Court refuses to block Texas abortion law Updated: Nov-19-13 7:44 pm
- Perry to address conservative Austin think tank Updated: Nov-18-13 5:08 am
- Cornyn: GOP needs to be 'adults,' actually govern Updated: Nov-15-13 11:10 pm
- Gov. Perry blasts Obama for health care law change Updated: Nov-14-13 5:58 pm
- Texas monitoring Obama's change to health care law Updated: Nov-14-13 5:30 pm
- Fewer than 3K Texans select health plans 1st month Updated: Nov-13-13 7:02 pm
- Justice Scalia says he 'fits right in' in Texas Updated: Nov-11-13 5:04 pm
- Manziel leads No. 11 A&M over Mississippi St 51-41 Updated: Nov-09-13 9:08 pm
- Abbott. Davis register candidacies for governor Updated: Nov-09-13 7:26 pm
- AG candidate Smitherman: Aborted would vote GOP Updated: Nov-09-13 4:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Skepticism over major possible changes to the Texas electricity market spilled into the governor's race Thursday when Democrat Wendy Davis joined bipartisan scolding of state energy regulators who haven't shown signs of backing down.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis enjoyed rising financial success as a Fort Worth attorney last year and took home about $284,000, more than double what she reported making in 2010, according to tax records released Wednesday by her campaign.
AUSTIN, Texas - A wealthy Dallas Dentist who spent lavishly while running unsuccessfully for Congress last year is challenging longtime incumbent U.S. Sen. John Cornyn.
AUSTIN, Texas - The federal health care website worked just fine Tuesday for Texans seeking insurance coverage, but trained helpers are finding some individual cases are not so simple and those delays have nothing to do with technology.
PLANO, Texas - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is putting new emphasis on education in his campaign to replace Gov. Rick Perry.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is back in Iowa after a political fundraising trip to Texas.
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Texas Gov. Rick Perry is returning to this early presidential primary state to help raise money for the South Carolina Republican Party.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A major information technology outsourcing company announced Monday it is moving its U.S. operations hub from New Jersey to Texas and expects to add 10,000 jobs nationwide over the next three years.
AUSTIN, Texas - A new landmark law to boost public school alternatives in Texas followed a surge in political contributions by current and former board members and employees of the state's six-largest charter school operators, an analysis by The Associated Press has found.
HOUSTON - Sick of losing on Election Day, they huddled candidates on their 2014 statewide ticket in a hotel ballroom and bristled at being outspent and outnumbered by political rivals in Texas who they talked up as sophisticated and savvy.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Texas Gov. Rick Perry will be a featured speaker at the annual Donald W. Huffman Republican Party of Virginia Advance.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas voters won't have a hard time telling the difference between the Republican and Democratic candidates next year.
If the last two presidential elections tell us anything, it's that Republicans don't succeed with candidates who lack clear vision and conviction consistent with the party's conservative platform.
AUSTIN, Texas - A third of Texas' abortion clinics will stay closed after the U.S. Supreme Court declined to intervene in an ongoing legal dispute over a tough new law that Planned Parenthood claims unconstitutionally restricts women's rights.
WASHINGTON - A sharply divided Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed Texas to continue enforcing abortion restrictions that opponents say have led more than a third of the state's clinics to stop providing abortions.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry is addressing an influential conservative think tank in Austin.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn called Friday for inclusiveness among Republicans and suggested his party should be the "responsible adults in the room and actually govern" - a sentiment that stands in stark contrast to Texan colleague and tea party firebrand Ted Cruz.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry is predictably panning President Barack Obama's reversing course and calling for canceled health insurance policies to be reinstated under the new health law.
HOUSTON - The Texas insurance commissioner said Thursday that it's unclear how state residents will be affected by President Barack Obama's call for cancelled health insurance policies to be reinstated.
AUSTIN, Texas - Fewer than 3,000 Texans managed to enroll for health insurance last month on the problem-plagued federal online exchange, a small fraction of those seeking to apply amid the rocky rollout of the centerpiece of President Barack Obama's health care law.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said Monday that if he weren't a Virginian he'd "probably want to be a Texan."
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Whether or not Saturday was Johnny Manziel's last home game, the Heisman Trophy winner certainly made sure to soak in every last moment.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and state Sen. Wendy Davis have formally registered their candidacies for their parties' nominations for governor in next year's primaries.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas attorney general hopeful Barry Smitherman turned some heads when he suggested this summer that many aborted fetuses might have voted Republican had they been born.