- Texting while driving ban could revive after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 1:44 pm
- Report: FBI probe includes legal work by Davis Updated: Apr-18-14 2:00 pm
- Rubio: Terrorists training in Syria may strike US Updated: Apr-15-14 8:51 pm
- 3 GOP governors blast Medicare Advantage rates Updated: Apr-15-14 3:05 am
- Senators vying for higher posts spar in hearing Updated: Apr-14-14 7:13 pm
- Texas grand jury being seated in Perry ethics case Updated: Apr-14-14 5:26 pm
- Davis: Senate votes didn't conflict with clients Updated: Apr-13-14 2:22 pm
- Texas parole board denies pardon for Willingham Updated: Apr-07-14 11:44 am
- Perry searches Pacific isles for US servicemen Updated: Apr-06-14 3:41 pm
- Davis speaks to Texas Associated Press editors Updated: Apr-05-14 6:26 pm
- Perry, Cruz visit wounded at Fort Hood in Texas Updated: Apr-04-14 2:05 pm
- Abbott dismisses criticism over ties to author Updated: Apr-02-14 8:18 pm
- Perry backs storage site for Texas nuclear waste Updated: Apr-02-14 6:45 pm
- Perry: Texas won't comply with federal prison law Updated: Apr-01-14 2:50 pm
- Abbott shifts Texas governor's race to education Updated: Mar-31-14 4:32 pm
- Ray Hutchison, prominent Texas lawyer, dies at 81 Updated: Mar-31-14 4:08 pm
- Miss. gov signs criminal-justice overhaul bill Updated: Mar-31-14 1:44 pm
- Sebelius: Texas opposition hasn't helped sign-ups Updated: Mar-28-14 5:59 pm
- Feds list lesser prairie chicken as threatened Updated: Mar-27-14 6:20 pm
- Santorum in Iowa: GOP still divided after RNC plan Updated: Mar-26-14 4:24 pm
- Women's issues could dominate Texas election Updated: Mar-23-14 11:30 am
- Texas city pays to end negotiations with Nugent Updated: Mar-22-14 6:18 pm
- APNewsBreak: Planned Parenthood eyes Texas race Updated: Mar-20-14 8:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Efforts to implement a statewide texting while driving ban in Texas are likely to resurface next year no matter who replaces Gov. Rick Perry.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' legal work for a taxpayer-funded tollway agency is part of a larger FBI-led investigation into the tollway group, according to a published report Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio warned Tuesday that terrorists training in ungoverned swaths of Syria could "soon" attack American interests around the world - or even on the nation's home soil.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Three Southern Republican governors are writing President Barack Obama to complain about newly announced Medicare Advantage payments.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Senate panel's discussion about how best to overhaul the curriculum and testing procedures for Texas high schools at times felt like a political debate Monday, as a gubernatorial hopeful and two candidates for lieutenant governor shared the spotlight.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas judge selected a second grand jury Monday in an investigation into whether Gov. Rick Perry abused his power by vetoing funding for public corruption prosecutors, and this time the Republican has retained a high-profile defense attorney to represent him.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis voted for bills in the Texas Senate that affected her clients and sought federal money while in office for a transportation project being handled by her Fort Worth law firm, a newspaper reported Sunday.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles has denied a petition by a New York-based nonprofit group for a posthumous pardon of a man executed for killing his three children in a house fire.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry and wife Anita Perry have traveled to a remote South Pacific archipelago to search for U.S. servicemen missing from World War II battles.
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis told a gathering of Texas journalists Saturday that the state's public education system needs to change and that her Republican opponent represents the status quo.
FORT HOOD, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sen Ted Cruz say they've visited with military personnel wounded in Wednesday's shooting at Fort Hood that left four dead and 16 wounded.
SAN ANTONIO - Republican Greg Abbott on Thursday defended citing conservative scholar Charles Murray in his education plan after attacks by Democrat Wendy Davis in their race for Texas governor.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry has asked lawmakers to explore establishing a location in Texas to store the state's high-level radioactive waste.
HOUSTON - Texas will not comply with parts of a federal law designed to eliminate prison rape, Gov. Rick Perry said in a letter to the U.S. Attorney General, calling the rules too costly and an infringement on state rights.
WESLACO, Texas - Republican Greg Abbott has tried to shift the Texas governor's race back to education - but not over classroom spending cuts.
DALLAS - Ray Hutchison, an attorney, former legislator, gubernatorial candidate and the husband of former U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, has died. He was 81.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant on Monday signed a bill designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
AUSTIN, Texas - Political opposition in Texas to the federal health care overhaul hasn't helped enrollment numbers that lag behind expectations as next week's deadline to sign up looms, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Friday.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Thursday it is placing a grassland grouse known as the lesser prairie chicken on a list of threatened species, a move that could affect oil and gas drilling, wind farms and other activities in five central and southwestern states.
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Elements of the Republican Party remain divided and distrustful of one another despite the yearlong effort by the Republican National Committee to unify competing factions, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum said in Iowa Wednesday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Women's pay and health care are taking over the headlines in the Texas governor's race, and for good reason: Women comprise the majority of voters.
LONGVIEW, Texas - An East Texas city paid $16,250 to end contract negotiations with controversial rocker Ted Nugent, who was under consideration as the headliner for Longview's Fourth of July celebration.
AUSTIN, Texas - The advocacy arm of Planned Parenthood launched a new political action fund Thursday to influence this year's election in Texas, hoping to build on its success shaping the Virginia governor's race.