- Supreme Court to hear Texas Senate districts case Updated: May-26-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear an important case about whether states must count only those who are eligible to vote, rather than the total population, when drawing electoral districts for their legislatures.
- What to watch: Crunch time calm; texting while driving bill Updated: May-24-15 9:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The closing days of Texas' legislative session usually mean political chaos, with some lawmakers scrambling to finalize pet proposed legislation and others working just as hard to block bills they despise.
- Gov. Haley's upcoming appearance at prayer rally questioned Updated: May-23-15 5:38 pm
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has come under criticism for her plan to headline a massive Christian-themed prayer rally next month.
- Abbott says Texas will comply with federal prison rape act Updated: May-21-15 3:51 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has told federal officials that Texas will now comply with the Prison Rape Elimination Act after his predecessor spent years fighting the requirement.
- 10's a crowd? GOP prepares for double digits on debate stage Updated: May-20-15 9:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The first Republican presidential debate will feature no fewer than 10 candidates.
- Oklahoma GOP roiled by infighting as conference looms Updated: May-20-15 8:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - As Republicans prepare for some of the party's biggest names to descend on Oklahoma for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, the state party is being rocked by infighting over its new chairman's decision to retain a staffer who pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge.
- Former state GOP chairman elected Jacksonville mayor Updated: May-19-15 10:04 pm
UNDATED - Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Lenny Curry defeated Democratic incumbent Mayor Alvin Brown on Tuesday with help from powerful friends like Sen. Marco Rubio and former Gov. Jeb Bush.
- Jacksonville mayoral race draws national political interest Updated: May-17-15 2:55 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - There's a reason why the Jacksonville mayoral race is drawing the attention of outsiders like former President Bill Clinton, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and it's about more than who wins on Tuesday.
- Bush struggles to clarify stance on wisdom of invading Iraq Updated: May-12-15 7:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Struggling with the shadows of Iraq, Jeb Bush said Tuesday he would have made a different decision than his brother to invade Iraq in 2003 had he known what he does now about flaws in the nation's intelligence.
- Ernst to host 2016 candidates at pig roast, motorcycle ride Updated: May-11-15 10:17 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Sen. Joni Ernst is going to treat Republican presidential hopefuls to a pig roast and a motorcycle ride.
- RNC's Priebus to address S. Carolina Republican gathering Updated: May-01-15 4:15 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republicans are gearing up for their biggest weekend of the year.