- Nearly 300,000 Texans get new health insurance Updated: Mar-11-14 5:28 pm
- Abbott, Davis spar over equal pay bill, law firm Updated: Mar-11-14 5:14 pm
- Democrat Davis releases public-sector clients Updated: Mar-07-14 1:48 pm
- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- New Texas abortion law closes 2 more clinics Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Friedman, Hogan face runoff for ag commissioner Updated: Mar-04-14 10:41 pm
- Davis ready for fight in Texas governor's race Updated: Mar-04-14 9:29 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Group says new evidence in Texas arson-murder case Updated: Feb-28-14 6:22 pm
- AP Interview: Medina hopes to keep 2010 mojo going Updated: Feb-28-14 1:53 pm
- Texas Gov. Perry avoids 2016 talk in Iowa Updated: Feb-27-14 7:31 pm
- Texas files notice to appeal gay marriage ruling Updated: Feb-27-14 6:20 pm
- Abbott promises to fight gay marriage ruling Updated: Feb-26-14 3:47 pm
- Abbott reports $30M, Davis $11M in governor's race Updated: Feb-24-14 6:02 pm
- Former Fed chair Ben Bernanke working on book Updated: Feb-24-14 5:09 pm
- Malloy, Texas governor differ on gun legislation Updated: Feb-23-14 4:05 pm
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- Abbott: Nugent 'rightly apologized' for Obama slur Updated: Feb-21-14 3:54 pm
- Nugent apologizes for 'subhuman mongrel' remark Updated: Feb-21-14 2:01 pm
- Idaho gov orders police to investigate CCA prison Updated: Feb-18-14 10:43 pm
- Alameel's donations become issue in US Senate race Updated: Feb-18-14 4:43 pm
- Texas cities find loophole in health training rule Updated: Feb-17-14 1:46 pm
- Minn. GOP hopefuls split over next step on MNsure Updated: Feb-14-14 3:50 pm
HOUSTON - Fewer than 90,000 Texans bought health insurance through the new federally subsidized marketplace in the past month, leaving navigators, assisters and other officials working to enroll people with a hefty task as they near the March 31 deadline for open enrollment.
AUSTIN, Texas - The candidates for Texas governor sparred over two separate issues Tuesday, with Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis insisting her opponent won't commit to solidifying gender pay equality into state law and Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott firing back that Davis' law firm may have profited from her work in the Legislature.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has revealed her law firm's public-sector clients, which include the Fort Worth school district and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
AUSTIN, Texas - The last abortion clinic in the vast, impoverished Rio Grande Valley closed Thursday, along with the sole remaining clinic in the 100-mile stretch between Houston and the Louisiana border, posing a tall obstacle to women seeking to end pregnancies across a wide swath of the nation's second-largest state.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - Jim Hogan and Kinky Friedman will face each other in a Democratic runoff for Texas agriculture commissioner.
AUSTIN, Texas - State Sen. Wendy Davis says she's ready for what will be an uphill fight to become Texas' next governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Innocence Project argued Friday that newly discovered documents undermine the credibility of a key witness against a Texas man executed for the deaths of his three children based in part on arson evidence that has since been deemed faulty.
AUSTIN, Texas - Debra Medina turned mainstream Republican heads four years ago, when her underfunded, grassroots gubernatorial campaign captured nearly one of every five votes cast in a star-studded GOP primary.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Texas Gov. Rick Perry returned to Iowa Thursday for a visit he said was focused on helping the state's Republican governor seek re-election - and not on a potential 2016 presidential bid of his own.
AUSTIN, Texas - The state of Texas filed official notice Thursday that it plans to appeal a federal judge's decision to lift the state's ban on gay marriage.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has promised to appeal a federal court ruling that the state's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis outraised her opponent over the last 30 days, while Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott has $30 million socked away, almost three times as much as Davis, the campaigns said Monday while meeting a fundraising reporting deadline.
NEW YORK - Ben Bernanke, who stepped down last month after eight years as chairman of the Federal Reserve, is planning a memoir.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Texas Gov. Rick Perry squared off on gun control issues on Sunday, continuing a debate that began last year.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott says Ted Nugent "rightly apologized" for degrading comments that resurfaced after welcoming the polarizing rocker to his campaign for Texas governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Nugent has apologized for calling President Barack Obama a "subhuman mongrel," attempting to defuse a political flap engulfing Texas' governor's race.
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has ordered the state police to conduct a criminal investigation of understaffing and falsified documents at a private prison operated by Corrections Corporation of America (CCA).
AUSTIN, Texas - The highest-profile Democrat challenging U.S. Sen. John Cornyn is a deep-pocketed Dallas dentist best known for an expensive but unsuccessful run for Congress in 2012 and years of generous donations to top conservatives in Texas and beyond.
HOUSTON - The Houston Health Department likely won't have to pay for additional training for most of the "navigators" who are helping city residents enroll in the new federal health insurance marketplace. All it needs to do is tweak their title.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - All of the Republicans seeking to oust Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton regard Minnesota's problem-ridden health insurance exchange as an unmitigated disaster, but they differ on what they would do about it if they were elected.