- Who's the big Dawg on baseball playoff rosters? S-E-C! Updated: Oct-10-15 1:39 pm
David Price couldn't resist showing a little school spirit.
- Donaldson trades words with Kela, benches clear in ALDS Updated: Oct-09-15 5:24 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Blue Jays slugger Josh Donaldson got into a shouting match with Rangers reliever Keone Kela in the 13th inning in Game 2 of the AL Division Series on Friday, causing the benches and benches to briefly empty.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Chicago Cubs give their longest-suffering fans a bit of hope Updated: Oct-08-15 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Living in a nursing home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor, 82-year-old Edith Heath knows something about faith.
- Pirates head into offseason after another October stumble Updated: Oct-08-15 12:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - The man who symbolized the Pittsburgh Pirates' resurgence offered one final bit of advice before hopping onto his custom-made, Batman-inspired ride and zooming off into retirement.
- Pirates stopped by Arrieta, fall to Cubs 4-0 in NL wild card Updated: Oct-08-15 12:53 am
- Arrieta, Cubs silence Pirates 4-0 to win NL wild-card game Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Maybe it's time to stop treating the Chicago Cubs like they're too young to be here.
- Cubs, Pirates clear benches after Arrieta gets hit Updated: Oct-07-15 10:20 pm
- No Ordinary Joe, Cubs' Maddon might be MLB's best skipper Updated: Oct-07-15 2:19 am
CHICAGO - Everyone expected some zaniness when Joe Maddon came to town.
- Cubs take aim at postseason after making big leap Updated: Oct-05-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - No matter how the playoffs turn out for the Chicago Cubs, manager Joe Maddon wanted to know one thing.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Column: Cubs finally have a team that can end the curse Updated: Oct-02-15 8:33 pm
The uniforms are the same.
- Kennedy strikes out 11, Solarte homers in Padres' 3-1 win Updated: Oct-01-15 9:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - Ian Kennedy struck out 11 in what was likely his final start with San Diego and Yangervis Solarte hit a two-run homer for the Padres, who beat Milwaukee 3-1 in their home finale on Thursday.
- Reds' losing streak reaches 12 with 5-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Oct-01-15 7:19 pm
CINCINNATI - Evidence of the Reds' growing pains showed in a decisive pitch by rookie John Lamb to Austin Jackson that led to another loss.
- Jackson's 9th homer of season helps Cubs to 5-3 win vs Reds Updated: Oct-01-15 5:21 pm
CINCINNATI - Austin Jackson has enjoyed a good month over the last two games, according to Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon.
- A tight race for an AL wild card ... and that's about it Updated: Sep-28-15 3:14 am
It's been a down year for pennant races.
- Arrieta pitches Cubs to 4-0 victory over Pirates Updated: Sep-28-15 12:19 am
CHICAGO - The numbers are growing more ridiculous with each start, and the Chicago Cubs are running out of ways to describe the brilliance of Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs Arrieta allows 1st hit in 7th Updated: Sep-27-15 10:11 pm
- Cubs celebrate playoff clincher after loss to Pirates Updated: Sep-26-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - The blaring music and smell of sparkling wine were unmistakable once the doors opened to the media.