- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Rizzo's 2 homers, 4 RBIs lead Cubs to 9-0 rout of Reds Updated: Apr-24-16 5:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo's sessions with Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach Eric Hinske are starting to pay off.
- Jake Arrieta reaching new heights, along with his Cubs team Updated: Apr-22-16 9:37 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs got together in one of their hotel rooms and threw a pizza party to celebrate Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they could do after midnight.
- Arenado homers twice, leads Chatwood, Rockies over Cubs Updated: Apr-17-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - Tyler Chatwood really had something to talk about after his performance at Wrigley Field.
- Cubs slugger Kyle Schwarber out for season with knee injury Updated: Apr-08-16 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Chicago Cubs slugger Kyle Schwarber is out for the season after tearing two knee ligaments in an outfield collision, a major setback for a team that many picked to win the World Series.
- AP Newsbreak: MLB average salary $4.4M after 4.4 pct rise Updated: Apr-03-16 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball's average salary rose 4.4 percent to $4.38 million on opening day, according to a study of contract terms by The Associated Press, and the Los Angeles Dodgers topped spending for the third straight season.