- Northwestern players see push as spark for change Updated: Apr-12-14 6:05 pm
- B10 stars Abdullah, Gordon top returning rushers Updated: Apr-09-14 6:33 pm
- Northwestern QB says union push was rushed, wrong Updated: Apr-09-14 5:41 pm
- Big win but a long road ahead for college union Updated: Apr-08-14 10:03 pm
- Wildcats' Fitzgerald urges 'no' vote on union Updated: Apr-05-14 8:41 pm
- College athletes take labor cause to Capitol Hill Updated: Apr-02-14 7:13 pm
- Stanford coach questions unionization movement Updated: Mar-31-14 11:08 pm
- Family plays key role in Colter's union push Updated: Mar-28-14 7:54 pm
- Colter: 'We know what we're doing' with union idea Updated: Mar-27-14 11:06 pm
- Questions, answers about college union ruling Updated: Mar-26-14 11:58 pm
- Reaction to ruling on college athletes' union Updated: Mar-26-14 9:26 pm
EVANSTON, Illinois - No matter how they feel about the push to unionize, at least a few Northwestern players see the movement as a spark for change in college sports.
Northwestern's Trevor Siemian said Wednesday it was wrong for former quarterback Kain Colter and other players to explore unionization without first taking their concerns to their coach and administrators.
Ramogi Huma and the United Steelworkers celebrated the first big win in their push to unionize college athletes with an appearance on the Colbert Report and a triumphant tour on Capitol Hill.
EVANSTON, Illinois - Northwestern football coach Pat Fitzgerald sided with his university against the formation of a players union in his first public comments Saturday, repeating what he already told his team: "I believe it's in their best interests to vote no."
WASHINGTON - Northwestern University athletes pressed their case for collective bargaining rights during meetings Wednesday with lawmakers, as a vote was scheduled for them to decide whether to authorize a union.
STANFORD, California - Stanford coach David Shaw is questioning what's behind the union movement by Northwestern football players, saying everything they are asking for is already being provided by most universities.
CHICAGO - Kain Colter's grandmother often spoke about rights and equality, values she brought home from her job managing an office of a Colorado law firm.
BRADENTON, Florida - Kain Colter is not completely sure what the landscape will one day look like if college athletes are allowed to unionize. He's just more convinced than ever that it's become necessary.
A regional director of the National Labor Relations Board ruled Tuesday that Northwestern football players could unionize. Does that mean some players will be able to organize and get better health care and academic support? Or does it spell the end of college sports as we know it? The AP takes a look at all sides of the issue.
Reaction to the ruling by a regional director of the National Labor Relations Board that football players at Northwestern University can create the nation's first union of college athletes.