- Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east Updated: Apr-24-14 7:32 pm
- EU, post-Soviet republics meet on partnership plan Updated: Apr-24-14 10:13 am
- Biden in Ukraine to show support as tensions rise Updated: Apr-21-14 3:17 pm
- Ukraine 2022 Olympic bid on hold but still alive Updated: Apr-17-14 6:58 am
- West slams Russia 'fantasy narrative' on Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 8:15 pm
- Russian FM: Russia still to meet with Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 3:13 am
- Little sign of progress as Obama, Putin speak Updated: Apr-14-14 11:37 pm
- Donetsk Republic: Ukraine's one-building autonomy Updated: Apr-11-14 1:32 pm
- AP Interview: Yanukovych admits mistakes on Crimea Updated: Apr-02-14 4:36 pm
- Congress sends Obama bill to aid Ukraine Updated: Apr-01-14 7:35 pm
- Outgunned Ukraine strives for military overhaul Updated: Apr-01-14 2:40 pm
- House to vote next week on aid to Ukraine Updated: Mar-28-14 11:52 am
- Ukraine's Tymoshenko to run for president Updated: Mar-27-14 11:13 am
- Platini 'fed up' with calls to boycott 2018 WCup Updated: Mar-27-14 9:26 am
- Crimea besieged by Ukraine control of power, water Updated: Mar-26-14 12:35 pm
SLOVYANSK, Ukraine - Russia announced new military exercises Thursday involving ground and air forces near its border with Ukraine, swiftly responding to a Ukrainian operation to drive pro-Russia insurgents out of occupied buildings in the country's tumultuous east.
PRAGUE - Amid Ukraine's deepening crisis, the presidents of post-Soviet republics and EU member states gathered Thursday in Prague to save a project to boost their ties.
KIEV, Ukraine - Vice President Joe Biden on Monday launched a high-profile visit to demonstrate the U.S. commitment to Ukraine and push for urgent implementation of an international agreement aimed at de-escalating tensions even as violence continues. The United States will decide within "days, not weeks" whether Russia is abiding by the accord, a U.S. diplomat said.
LONDON - With the crisis in Ukraine escalating by the day, the prospect of the Winter Olympics going to the former Soviet republic seems hard to imagine. Yet, the western Ukrainian city of Lviv hasn't given up on its bid for the 2022 Games.
UNITED NATIONS - Western countries on the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday slammed what they called Russia's "fantasy narrative" on the crisis in Ukraine after a new report on the human rights situation there.
HANOI, Vietnam - Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says Russia is still planning to meet with Ukrainian officials at an international conference in Geneva on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Speaking for the first time in more than two weeks, President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin showed little sign of agreement on Monday, with the U.S. leader urging pro-Russian forces to de-escalate the situation in eastern Ukraine and Putin denying that Moscow was interfering in the region.
DONETSK, Ukraine - To reach the People's Republic of Donetsk, you need to pass a few club-wielding young men in masks, wind through a narrow corridor of sand-filled sacks and enter a gray office tower standing in the heart of this eastern Ukrainian city.
ROSTOV-ON-DON, Russia - Defensive and at times tearful, Ukraine's ousted president conceded Wednesday that he made a mistake when he invited Russian troops into Crimea and vowed to try to negotiate with Vladimir Putin to get the coveted Black Sea peninsula back.
WASHINGTON - Congress sent President Barack Obama a bill on Tuesday to provide $1 billion in loan guarantees to cash-poor Ukraine and punish Russia for its bold annexation of part of the former Soviet republic.
KIEV, Ukraine - Tanks headed north into Ukraine this week from Russian-controlled Crimea. Not at the head of an invading army, but on a trainload of military equipment in such poor shape that Moscow had no use for it.
WASHINGTON - Aid to cash-strapped Ukraine and sanctions on Russia remain on track in Congress, but it will take a few days longer before the legislation gets to President Barack Obama.
KIEV, Ukraine - Yulia Tymoshenko, one of Ukraine's most polarizing political figures, announced Thursday that she will run in the country's May 25 presidential election.
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - UEFA President Michel Platini is fed up with politicians calling for a boycott of the 2018 World Cup in Russia over Moscow's actions toward Ukraine.
SIMFEROPOL, Crimea - Within days of Crimea being swallowed up by Russia, the lights began flickering out.